I need to wipe my 8310 which is locked up in a power cycle: black screen, red led, white screen (with hourglass), and on and on and on.

I read the instructions on how to use the JL commander and have tried 15-20 times but the BB won't let it grab it. After I type blackberry in JL menu, I wait for the phone screen to turn white and immediately press enter. The screen says "Connecting to device..." for a few seconds but as soon as the phone screen goes black again, JL goes back to the main menu options 1, 2, 3, etc.

I have DM 4.6 and OS 4.5 both installed with Win XP. I have tried JL with the memory card in and out. I have tried different USB ports, nothing. I have tried in two different laptops but nothing. I have done Lesson 12 How to Recover a Nuked BB several times, without success. I tried CrackMem earlier, but when I press "Wipe Device" it just takes me to the AppLoader wizard.

Please help! Thanks
    12-16-08 06:34 PM
    And what does the device say?

Check this out--> What to do next if Jl Cmder will not connect and wipe - BlackBerryFAQ
    12-16-08 06:40 PM
    I have read the link and done it a number of times to no avail.

The screen doesn't say anything, no error messages, just an hourglass, on and off, on and off...
    12-16-08 06:44 PM
    I can't believe that more than 80 people have read this thread so far and only one has replied , but wasn't the help I needed. C'mon people, a little help here, pls!!!
    12-19-08 04:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD