so, i recently downloaded jivetalk onto my phone. and i use it to basically get a better AIM service on my blackberry 8320. well, anyway... ever since i signed that screen name on my phone, it won't let me receive any messages on my computer. i've signed off the phone, forced shutdown on jivetalk, and even turned my phone off, and it still happens to screw up. does anyone know how to fix the problem?
    04-12-08 01:17 AM
    Wish I could help! I sign in on my pc and it signs me off on my berry like it should.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-08 01:23 AM
    Sign back online through your phone. Send a message to aolsystemmessgae and 1 as the text. This will sign you off all locations. Then sign off on your phone and see if that helps.

04-12-08 01:25 AM
    Sign back online through your phone. Send a message to aolsystemmessgae and 1 as the text. This will sign you off all locations. Then sign off on your phone and see if that helps.

I believe it's "aolsystemmsg"
    04-12-08 02:41 AM
    If I remained signed on to both jivetalk and my computer i get messages on both.
    04-12-08 05:59 PM
    Yea you should be able to kick off your screen name from either your PC or jivetalk.
    04-12-08 06:00 PM
    Aim only let's you sign in from one location at a time, regardless if it is a phone, ichat, aim, or aim through gmail.

04-12-08 08:44 PM
    That's not true. You can be signed on from three locations at one time and receive from all.

04-12-08 09:54 PM
    AIM does let you sign in to more then one location. Whenever you do you should recieve a message telling you that you are signed into more then one location and gives you the option to respond with a 1 to sign off the others. Whenever I do I recieve messages to both devices at one time. Try the suggestion above to send the 1 and see if that helps.
    04-13-08 12:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD