So I just downloaded the free trial for this, and I LOVE it. It's by far the best looking IM app, and seems to have the best functionality.

The only thing that I dislike is that it says I'm on "mobile." I used instango before this, and it did not show me as mobile. This may be a deal breaker for me, as people never IM someone when it says they're on mobile. Does anyone know if there's a way to change this?
    01-25-09 11:29 AM
    It shouldn't show you as mobile. Are you saying like on other peoples buddy list you're showing as mobile?
    01-25-09 11:30 AM
    I agree it shouldn't show you as mobile. I know the BB AIM application shows you as mobile but Jivetalk shouldn't,

Is your AIM sn linked to your phone number? if so, that might be the problem...
    01-25-09 11:31 AM
    It shouldn't show you as mobile. Are you saying like on other peoples buddy list you're showing as mobile?
    Yes. I'm looking at my friend now from my computer AIM, and it's showing him as mobile as well.
    01-25-09 11:32 AM
    Yes. I'm looking at my friend now from my computer AIM, and it's showing him as mobile as well.
    You sure he's on Jivetalk and not the AIM that came on the phone? I am looking at a couple people right now who have their Beejive aways up but they do not show up as mobile. They shouldn't be showing up mobile either cause Jivetalk connects through the web.
    01-25-09 11:34 AM
    It will automatically show you as mobile if you go idle, but you can change that. Go to preference, scroll down to auto away and edit the auto away message. This is the only place they will see you as mobile---only because it says "I'm away from my IM on my BlackBerry"
    01-25-09 11:35 AM
    Ok, I think he has IM forwarding set up as well so it shows him as mobile. I'm talking to my friend from my JiveTalk right now and she says it doesn't show me as mobile. Sweet. Thanks guys.
    01-25-09 11:41 AM
    One more quick question. With Instango, there was a way to turn off notifications in the 'foreground.' Meaning, when I had the app open and was IMing people, it wouldn't be vibrating and ringing. Is there any way to do this with JiveTalk?
    01-25-09 11:51 AM
    Just turn off notifications in your profile for the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-09 12:56 PM
    I don't want to turn off notifications. When the app is in the background, I need to have notifications so I know I got an IM. When it's in the foreground, I like to not have notifications because I have it open and I know I'm getting an IM. I could do this with Instango. It's really not a big deal, it was just a cool feature.

Overall, this is the best IM app I've ever used. I'm in love. I'll definitely purchase it after my free month.
    01-25-09 02:31 PM
    I don't want to turn off notifications. When the app is in the background, I need to have notifications so I know I got an IM. When it's in the foreground, I like to not have notifications because I have it open and I know I'm getting an IM. I could do this with Instango. It's really not a big deal, it was just a cool feature.

Overall, this is the best IM app I've ever used. I'm in love. I'll definitely purchase it after my free month.
    I just purchased it today after my free trial just ended! A great investment!
    01-25-09 02:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD