Hello to all the professionals. I just purchased the 8330. And, I got to say, I had a chance to get this model a long time ago. I slept on it and now that I have given it a chance, I am amazed by it. Now, what I am attempting to do is JAILBREAK my 8330. I viewed some of the other discussions and it's not really explained how to J.Break the 8330. Just more so boastings about J.Breaking other model phones.

And not only that, but, I also would like to know, what is JailBreaking, exactly? And what is the advantage? I want to down load apps and things and I was told I would have to JailBreak the phone. So, I'm sort of new to all of this and I am seeking to gain knowledge on not just the 8330, but just BlackBerry phones. Can anyone help???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 11:06 PM
    Are you sure you have a Curve and not an iPhone?
    07-14-09 11:08 PM
    JailBreaking is for Iphones . Not BB's
    07-14-09 11:08 PM
    Are you sure you have a Curve and not an iPhone?
    +1 >>>>>>
    07-14-09 11:09 PM
    Jailbreaking is used solely for the iPhone as it comes pretty restricted, hence the word jail, so by jailbreaking you are freeing the phone to fulfill its potential. LOL

BBs do not need to be jailbroken as they are already open (free)
    07-14-09 11:09 PM
    WOW!!! You guys responded quickly!!! I appreciate all of you!!! Yes, I have a BlackBerry 8330 via Sprint. I just got the phone 1 week ago. I'd like to get a hold of apps, games and mainly all kinds of themes. But, not really up for paying for anything yet because I am not sure whether or not I am keeping this 8330 when I hear that there is a new one released or soon to be released. Any ideas? And also, to get an opinion from all of you, what do you guys think of the Palm Pre?

07-14-09 11:21 PM
    07-14-09 11:23 PM
    Thanks FISH!!! And thanks Venc!!! I appreciate both of you. One more thing, what about protection from viruses?

07-14-09 11:30 PM
    You don't have to worry about viruses on a BB. For now that is. Now BBs are about as secure as it gets. Who knows what it will be like in the future with BBs expanding marketshare...
    07-14-09 11:32 PM
    Thanks FISH!!! And thanks Venc!!! I appreciate both of you. One more thing, what about protection from viruses?

What no love for Savio and me? We told you that an Iphone thingy! Whatever!
    07-14-09 11:37 PM
    WOW. Thanks Savio. I appreciate it. I was just wondering because, I had a friend who had problems with their GPhone (google phone). Something of viruses and such. So, besides just here, is their a BlackBerry chat instant message thing? Or is it just this forum? Like, Savio and Fish.......is their some sort of notification that tells you guys that there is a new message in this forum?

07-14-09 11:41 PM
    Torq, if you have the email account you used to sign up here on your BB, you can subscribe (to do this, select this option under thread tools towards the top) to any specific threads or forums and any time there is an update you'll get an email with a link to take you directly here.
    07-14-09 11:43 PM
    Lol.....thanks Joey!!!! I appreciate all you!!!

07-14-09 11:43 PM
    Damn. But I didn't use my BlackBerry e.mail. I would like the notifications to come directly to my phone.

07-14-09 11:50 PM
    HAHA! I'm just Joshin with ya!
    07-14-09 11:51 PM
    I get some sleep now. Speak with you all tomorrow.

07-14-09 11:55 PM
    I get some sleep now. Speak with you all tomorrow.

For instance messaging you can use BB messenger or any other app that works just like AIM, etc

For getting emails just setup the email account on your phone, from gmail, yahoo, etc.

07-15-09 08:45 AM
    so what you are saying is if i buy a blackberry from a person that had sprint and i have att....if i put the sim card in then it will work!! sorry trying to figure all of this out??
    04-09-10 10:57 AM
    no...different carriers u may hav to get it unlocked first to use it on ATT
    04-09-10 11:35 AM
    For apps, make sure you get the data plan!!!That will make sure that you use to your full potental for the phone..!!welcome and good luck!!
    04-09-10 12:00 PM
    so what you are saying is if i buy a blackberry from a person that had sprint and i have att....if i put the sim card in then it will work!! sorry trying to figure all of this out??
    Sprint and Verizon do not use SIM cards. AT&T and T-Mobile do. Sprint and Verizon phones can not be used on AT&T and T-Mobile networks - they use different technology. AT&T and T-Mobile can be used on each other's networks but must be unlocked first to do so - and they are unsupported so sometimes there are issues with data, call quality, etc.

The only Sprint and Verizon phones that have SIM slots are the world phones - and the GSM capabilities of these phones are not compatible with the United States GSM bands, just for overseas.
    04-09-10 12:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD