Hello, I am kinda new here. I'm at the end of my rope scratching my head and wondering if the power of the masses can help me.
    When I go to someone else's website and download an app OTA from direct link, the app downloads and installs. Or at least it did before.

Ok, so I grab Indigo Eclipse for Blackberry and use one of their sample apps.... City info I think..... I grab all the files from the deliverables > web > 7.1.0 folder and upload them all to the website. I then take the BB curve 8330 and to the link I created and instead of downloading or processing the JAD or COD file it opens up in the browser as if it is a web page, showing all the chicken scratch and the code! It does the same with the ALX, the COD, and everything else. So maybe there's a setting I am missing on the phone maybe? Or maybe the file needs to be uploaded in Binary instead of ASCII or something? Just do not know at this point. Do I need to sign it? I heard some do not need signing....

How do I get the jad file to download instead of opening up in the browser? It treats it like a text file or html file instead of an app.....
    The documentation is very hard to find for this, and I have found that everyone wants to load a JAD file through an SD card... I do not want to do this, I want to be able to SHARE this app - so I really need to do the OTA way.

P.S. sorry I spelled installing wrong in the title..... yikes!

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Robert Deems; 06-04-13 at 10:09 AM.
    BergerKing likes this.
    06-04-13 09:54 AM
    Hello, I am kinda new here. I'm at the end of my rope scratching my head and wondering if the power of the masses can help me.
    When I go to someone else's website and download an app OTA from direct link, the app downloads and installs. Or at least it did before.

Ok, so I grab Indigo Eclipse for Blackberry and use one of their sample apps.... City info I think..... I grab all the files from the deliverables > web > 7.1.0 folder and upload them all to the website. I then take the BB curve 8330 and to the link I created and instead of downloading or processing the JAD or COD file it opens up in the browser as if it is a web page, showing all the chicken scratch and the code! It does the same with the ALX, the COD, and everything else. So maybe there's a setting I am missing on the phone maybe? Or maybe the file needs to be uploaded in Binary instead of ASCII or something? Just do not know at this point. Do I need to sign it? I heard some do not need signing....

How do I get the jad file to download instead of opening up in the browser? It treats it like a text file or html file instead of an app.....
    The documentation is very hard to find for this, and I have found that everyone wants to load a JAD file through an SD card... I do not want to do this, I want to be able to SHARE this app - so I really need to do the OTA way.

P.S. sorry I spelled installing wrong in the title..... yikes!

Thanks in advance.
    Now, I'm pulling a guess out here, based on the file you quoted, as 7.1.0,being an incompatible file to attempt to download to a BB 8330, which would be OS 5, at best. If someone else has something else to add, I can at least get you off the back pages and up front for other suggestions.
    06-11-13 11:22 PM