So I, like many people, have been making free ringtones with iTunes for a while.
    Well a few days ago my iTunes had an update so I ran it.
    Now today I go to make a few new ringtones and that ACC thing is GONE!
    ?
    Does anyone know whats wrong?
    Can I still make free ringtones?
    Please help.
    04-06-10 08:13 PM
    Totally not a BlackBerry issue but ....

did you try the Help File in iTunes??

To create a ringtone:
    Choose Edit > Preferences, click General, and then make sure Ringtones is selected.

Make sure you're connected to the Internet.

Select the song you want to use, and then choose Store > Create Ringtone.

In the editing window that appears, choose the part of the song you want to use as the ringtone.

You can use up to 30 seconds of the song.

When you're ready, click Buy.

Important:After you click Buy, you can change the ringtone's name and other information, but you can't select a different portion of the song
    04-06-10 08:48 PM
    I know you can do that but theres a way to make them free.
    You left click on get info, then click options, you change the time and click okay. Then you go and left click the same song and click create acc version and makes a copy of the song but only the 30 second part you want.
    then you put the 30 second version on your desktop and change the mpa to mp3 and click and drag to your bb ringtone section.
    But there is no more acc and I can not make a new ringtone.
    Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
    )=
    04-06-10 09:05 PM
    Seems obvious that Apple removed that option. But you should go to the iTunes website for iTunes support.

Just convert the file to an MP3 and use Audacity to crop the part you want for a ringtone.

Also, not sure what you mean by "there is no more acc". Perhaps you mean AAC?
    04-06-10 09:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD