Pandora > Slacker

Just got the new Pandora app, and I like it way better than slacker. Slacker is too slow to respond and very buggy. The pandora app, while not perfect seems so far to be very much superior. Anyone else have it yet?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 09:17 PM
    Boy, everyone is writing Pandora over Slacker today. Poor Slacker.
    03-18-09 09:18 PM
    I have both. Can't choose between the two.
    03-18-09 09:21 PM
    pandora is faster, but slackers ability to cache stations is an option that pandora will have to come out with in a future release if they want to compete
    03-18-09 09:24 PM
    I personally like Pandora better. Slacker is a great alternative, which I'll have to live with now because Pandora does not work for T-Mobile, but Pandora is much easier to use and faster.
    03-18-09 09:29 PM
    I'm with, lovin' it!
    03-18-09 09:31 PM
    How do you get Pandora? Do you get it from the BB site as well? Slacker is waaay to slow...

03-18-09 09:31 PM
    How do you get Pandora? Do you get it from the BB site as well? Slacker is waaay to slow...

go to pandora . com from your blackberry browser
    03-18-09 09:34 PM
    So why is pandora so much better than slacker besides the speed. How is the customization of personal stations. Can I have only artist that I choose be on my station, I need more info.

03-18-09 09:37 PM
    I'd read up on the website about customization, not sure what you're looking for.
    03-18-09 09:38 PM
    I personally like Pandora better. Slacker is a great alternative, which I'll have to live with now because Pandora does not work for T-Mobile, but Pandora is much easier to use and faster.
    Pandora is working on the Tmo 8320
    03-18-09 09:40 PM
    It's working for BlackBerry Curve 8330 for Sprint. This is great! VICTORY IS MINE!

Sprint users will have to go to the Pandora website from their BB Browser and download the app directly.
    03-18-09 09:49 PM
    Thanks Ramsfan, after I left this link and scrolled down I saw;

" Pandora Released and it rocks on the Bold!"

So sorry for asking without looking but I thought this was a first post,

Thanks again for the answer...

03-18-09 09:57 PM
    I love the Slacker app. I can answer my calls and when I end the call it goes back to playing. I am so pleased with that because I use my bluetooth to listen to my music. With slacker I always had to restart after a call.

03-18-09 10:01 PM
    I love the Slacker app. I can answer my calls and when I end the call it goes back to playing. I am so pleased with that because I use my bluetooth to listen to my music. With slacker I always had to restart after a call.

this isnt the slacker amp...
    03-18-09 10:02 PM
    Pandora says not available in my country when I runt he app. Sigh!
    03-18-09 11:02 PM
    I love pandora.. I'm so glad they came out with an app

03-18-09 11:19 PM
    Pandora says not available for TMO.
    03-19-09 07:22 AM
    Anyone having trouble with pandora freezing up their phone? it happens when i'm not doing anything else. it's already done it twice to me... i had to remove my battery to fix it
    03-19-09 08:58 AM
    So far I haven't, but I've only given it about 20 minutes or so of use total...
    03-19-09 08:59 AM
    I tried Pandora, I went back to Slacker. Pandora's audio quality is terrible compared to Slacker. I prefer Slacker's interface too. Pandora was simply too limited for me. Yeah, it works faster, but at the sacrafice of the audio quality. Personally I'll take a extra second or two of buffering to have my music not sound like it was recorded in a bathroom.

03-19-09 09:04 AM
    your all wrong. iheartradio is supreme
    03-19-09 09:32 AM
    i downloaded it yesterday i run with both slacker and pandora i kinda like the slacker better more channel options and I actually like reading the bios on the artist...BTW i have t-mobile and yes it doesnt say t-mobile but it works non the less
    03-20-09 02:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD