I had trouble with what I thought was the headphone jack.

My issue is when I plug in the headset that came with my 8330 the sound would emit from the headphones for one second and then revert back to the handset loudspeaker.

During my troubleshooting I found that if I didn't plug the connector in all the way I could get sound only in the headphones but it was monophonic in both the right and left (mono-stereo if there is such a thing lol). I also found that any other headset I tried worked just fine. My iPod headphones worked fine, my Sirius sat headphones worked fine and my studio headphones worked fine also.
    05-11-09 03:45 PM
    I had trouble with what I thought was the headphone jack.

My issue is when I plug in the headset that came with my 8330 the sound would emit from the headphones for one second and then revert back to the handset loudspeaker.

During my troubleshooting I found that if I didn't plug the connector in all the way I could get sound only in the headphones but it was monophonic in both the right and left (mono-stereo if there is such a thing lol). I also found that any other headset I tried worked just fine. My iPod headphones worked fine, my Sirius sat headphones worked fine and my studio headphones worked fine also.
    I've had this happen with plenty of headphones. If nothing it's just an inconvenience but at least I know that replacing the headphone was a lot less annoying than replacing the phone.
    05-11-09 03:47 PM
    Happen to me, so I got a new phone
    05-11-09 03:56 PM
    Happen to me, so I got a new phone
    That was extreme for an issue thats not the phone.

@ Jaredius - it has to do with those tiny rings on the end of the headset plug.
    05-11-09 03:59 PM
    The exact same thing happened to me, so I returned the headphones to Verizon. They gave me new ones and I don't have the problem so far.
    05-11-09 05:29 PM
    The exact same thing happened to me, so I returned the headphones to Verizon. They gave me new ones and I don't have the problem so far.
    New headphones is an easy fix.
    05-11-09 05:36 PM
    Crap. this happened to me today. so I tried a different pair of headsets and it still was broke. I was at the gym when it happened so I was even more pissed! Had to bring my BB back to the car.
    05-12-09 07:18 PM
    Crap. this happened to me today. so I tried a different pair of headsets and it still was broke. I was at the gym when it happened so I was even more pissed! Had to bring my BB back to the car.
    Were the headphones you used the same as the ones that broke?
    05-12-09 07:23 PM
    Were the headphones you used the same as the ones that broke?
    No, I tried a different pair of headphones. I did a battery pull and it fixed the problem.
    05-13-09 06:50 PM
    No, I tried a different pair of headphones. I did a battery pull and it fixed the problem.
    I had the same problem and did a battery pull for a different reason the other day and now the problem seems to be fixed. Have to see if it works in my car in the morning, but so far it is working through two sets of headphones that it wasnt working through previously.
    05-26-09 12:06 AM
    So John, you are saying that the headphone problem is fixed by a battery pull? I wish I tried that before I returned my headphones. I am getting the problem again(audio switches to external speaker if you touch the wire) but not bad enough to return them again. I am going to try the battery pull.
    05-26-09 06:48 AM
    I get this problem if my Berry gets jostled with the phones in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 07:25 AM
    Well my headphone jack is not working. tried the headphone that came with it and then the 30 buck nicer ones and still it just keeps playing out of the reg speaker. I NEED the headphone to work!!

any suggetions?
    05-26-09 10:00 AM
    Jacks can be touchy... is bluetooth headsets an option for you.
    05-26-09 10:03 AM
    Well my headphone jack is not working. tried the headphone that came with it and then the 30 buck nicer ones and still it just keeps playing out of the reg speaker. I NEED the headphone to work!!

any suggetions?
    Suggestion- replace the phone. Apparently your headphone jack is completed busted.
    05-26-09 10:35 AM
    I have to say this is pretty lame. It worked fine, then it didn't, no jostle no dropping just quit working. This bb curve is turning out to be a complete pain in the ***. I need the headphone jack to be working.
    07-29-09 02:37 AM
    I have to say this is pretty lame. It worked fine, then it didn't, no jostle no dropping just quit working. This bb curve is turning out to be a complete pain in the ***. I need the headphone jack to be working.
    Sometimes the headphone jack goes on with no explainable reason. Could happen on any phone.
    07-29-09 02:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD