I keep having problems syncing my blackberry with my outlook calendar. Everytime I sync, my desktop outlook starts displaying reminders for past events that I have already selected "Dismiss" on either my blackberry or my desktop calendar. I select "Dismiss All" on my desktop but when I resync I get even more reminders for items I've already dismissed. I've selected the option in the blackberry desktop manager to "remove alarm for past items" but that doesn't seem to work either. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    08-27-08 03:06 PM
    Can anyone help?
    08-28-08 09:41 PM
    I had similar issues.I'm notsure exactly what he did to fix it, but my IT guy toggled off a setting in Outlook to turn off those reminders. Go thru your Outlook settings and see if you can do the same.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-08 10:00 PM
    My Outlook sync problem is different: When I try to sync up my Outlook 2003 calendar I get the following error message:"Folder is no longer part of the system data source or the folder could not be found"

Procedure:
    Desktop manager v 4.3 (tm)

open DM, plug in bb
    sync button, configuration tab
    configure synch button for organizer
    check calendar
    select ms outlook, next
    two way sync (tried all options), next
    outlook user profile menu - outlook (only choice)
    finish button
    receive error

Any thoughts?
    09-01-08 12:29 PM
    I am having the same problem; nothing synchs. Can anyone help?
    10-20-08 07:16 PM
    This is the only nagging issue that continues to plague my conversion from 8 years of Pocket PC'dom and using outlook. I was able to get it to sync fine the first time and everything transfered over perfect! All 9000 calendar items, 480 contacts, notes and tasks without issue. It took 15min but hey it worked! However....... Now each time I resync it comes up with wacky stuff and wants to delete 1000 calendar items and add 32 and change 57 when I only changed ten! Then i deny it the opportunity and go through another 15min sync and it does it right. And so on and so forth sporadically. Outlook and Active Sync only change the changes in an incremental sync meaing that if i only changed 10 calendar items it would SYNC them and them only not all 9000 every time! And from what I have found there is not an option in The BlackBerry Desktop Manager(latest version as of Monday) to fix it! I even told it to sync 180 days out both ways and still no go! 9000 appointments syncing again 15min later "If you'd like to SYNC your BB please delete 1000 of your appointments!" Pardon my sarcasm but everything about the STORM is really cool except the SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT PART! Yep Syncronization of DATA with ZERO LOSS or corruption!

Any takers who use their BB's to calendar regularly?

Pocket PC Phone GENIUS, BB EMBRYO!

If not, anybody wanna buy a three day old Storm?
    12-11-08 11:46 PM
    well this sync thing is driving me up the wall.

Never had this issue or so many problems with Nokia!!!!

Hope BB employ some nokia staff to help sort this out ASAP!!!!
    12-18-08 04:30 AM
    I am having problems too! I have a replacement Storm (never had probem with first - and not my first BB) but I was able to switch devices fine but now I can only back-up my device. Everytime I try to sync with Outlook it stops at calendar then just closes the DM. I haven't lost anything YET but I can't sync any new items (including contacts) now. I have searched several sites and can't find an answer so hoping one of the great ones can help here!

I'll take any suggestions! (running Vista)
    12-18-08 08:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD