I have one user that we cannot get the exchange calendar to sync. We use BES and Exchange 2003. If I activate the device with this users info it initializes and completes the activation. Everything appears fine except the calendar where there are no entries at all unless added after the activation. Wireless sync is turned on.

If I activate the device using my own name the calendar comes in just fine with no problems. What we do notice is that during the enterprise activation for the problem user, it lists the sevices it is initializing and does list the calendar options but not the calendar itself. when activating under my name it lists both. We have done the standard trouble shooting....deleting the user account on BES and adding back in, pushing the service book to the device, wiping, reprovisioning, etc. It is not the device itself because it happens no matter what device we try.

I am at a point where I believe it may be a setting on the exchange server itself for this one user or the users desktop profile but cannot figure out where to even begin. No other user is experiencing this issue except this one. any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I'm new to this forum so I hope I supplied enough informatioon. Thanks
    02-25-09 01:48 PM
    I have one user that we cannot get the exchange calendar to sync. We use BES and Exchange 2003. If I activate the device with this users info it initializes and completes the activation. Everything appears fine except the calendar where there are no entries at all unless added after the activation. Wireless sync is turned on.

If I activate the device using my own name the calendar comes in just fine with no problems. What we do notice is that during the enterprise activation for the problem user, it lists the sevices it is initializing and does list the calendar options but not the calendar itself. when activating under my name it lists both. We have done the standard trouble shooting....deleting the user account on BES and adding back in, pushing the service book to the device, wiping, reprovisioning, etc. It is not the device itself because it happens no matter what device we try.

I am at a point where I believe it may be a setting on the exchange server itself for this one user or the users desktop profile but cannot figure out where to even begin. No other user is experiencing this issue except this one. any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I'm new to this forum so I hope I supplied enough informatioon. Thanks

Sorry to hear this happening. If you are the BES admin, do you or the company have a partner code to get tech support directly from RIM?

One other option, there is a user here by the name Jeffh, he is pretty good with BES server issues as well. You may want to PM (Private Message) him and see if he can help.
    02-25-09 05:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD