So I downloaded this and still after 3 hours of trying can not get my MyFaves to load correctly. No matter what theme I have on (including the basic T-Mobile theme) I can't get them to work. At one point I got 2 of my faves to load but not all 5. Now when I try and update them through the new <Options<MyFaves (and many battery pulls) I continue to get the whole uncaught exception BS. I'm about ready to break the my phone. Looks like I'm goin back to 4.2 again (Side Note: I also got this error about 2 months ago with a beta 4.5 that I quickly converted back to 4.2). And before anybody asks, yes I also have DM 4.6.
    10-21-08 11:40 PM
    Have you tried resending your service books
    T-Mobile BIS Site
    10-21-08 11:43 PM
    Smart man!! I don't deal with any of them. I'll stay with my 4.3 and keep my Empower HTML. 4.5 isn't worth the headache, to me anyway!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-08 11:44 PM
    you dont need the myfaves app on your phone for it to work, trust me
    i have a pearl 8100 with 4.5 and no myfaves app
    plus i have a curve 8320 with 4.5 and myfaves

my faves is a billing process nothing to do with your phone
    if you want to add, edit, or remove any myfaves contacts,
    you can do it directly from the my t-mobile site
    Last edited by itry; 10-22-08 at 12:51 AM.
    10-22-08 12:48 AM
    Or you can easily call T-Mobile and get them re-send/refresh your myFaves.

10-22-08 01:01 AM
    Send your service books!

I remember on my Sidekick lx that sometimes my myfaves app dissapeared till it was pushed by Dangers back end servers to my phone and it could be anywhere from and instant OTA to maybe waiting a few hours or a day. But even though it doesn't show up your myfaves is still active. And you should be able to change them online

But definitly resend your service books. That should be the first thing you do after an O.S update

10-22-08 02:00 AM
    If you want to remove it you can follow this http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

10-22-08 02:33 AM
    And how do you resend the service books?
    10-22-08 09:23 AM
    The email setup wizard has an option to re-send service books. It should be on your device. You may have hidden it.

Many carriers also have the capability somewhere on their tech support website. I know Verizon does. I haven't tried to find it on T-Mobile.
    10-22-08 10:34 AM
    And how do you resend the service books?
    Log in to My T-Mobile. Scroll down and in the lower left you will see a box for communication tools. Click on Set Up Blackberry Internet e-mail. In Settings under Blackberry, click on Service Books, then click Send Service Books.
    10-22-08 10:50 AM
    I'm in the process of upgrading now... hopefully all will go well.
    10-22-08 12:16 PM
    Service books didn't help. Reloading them from my t-mobile didn't work. This has been a waste of the last 12 hours of my life. I've done everything to try and get this to work (including deleting everything and reloading them individually) and I'm still getting nothing but problems and uncaught exception crap. The icing on the cake as when I figured I'd atleast try documents to go and see if it was worth it, and on the phone it tells me than this version of docs to go will not work on Office 2007 apps please refer to the dataviz site. I went to the site and it said it would. On top of that my phone is running slower than ever. Anyone know how to downgrade back to OS 4.2?
    10-22-08 01:24 PM
    FYI - for me, the myFaves problems starts when I activate on the BES. Otherwise, it works fine.

See my thread here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/tmo...sed-bes-85317/

Mods - merge if you feel appropriate.
    10-22-08 08:38 PM
    I just took mine off with crackmem, and reloaded.. then I went into myfavs under options, and refreshed them, they all came back..

Maybe try that....
    10-22-08 08:57 PM
    You may have the answer already, but if not, log on to the t-mobile website and edit one of your myfavs and it will reset your application on the phone. Give it a try and good luck.
    10-24-08 06:00 PM
    I just downloaded the 4.5 OS off the T-Mobile website and now my phone reboots every minute! Help!!!!
    10-24-08 07:23 PM
    Had same problem as ItalianBoy. Called T-mobile, they had me wipe my BB. However, a few days later, myFaves disappeared and I get same errors. Definitely an OS problem. How do you downgrade to 4.2?

Thanks!
    12-08-08 09:32 PM
    Blue has it, that worked for me as well the one time I lost myfavs. FYI, the free upgrade for docs to go works with 2007. Open docs to go, then open word to go, press your menu key, click check for updates, select download/install. The new version will do what you want.

12-08-08 10:01 PM
    I am having no troubles with the new OS, but those who wish to downgrade, you need to find a copy of the old OS, install it to your PC, then use Crackmem to install it.

12-08-08 10:03 PM
    Hey ItalianBoy228

Don't worry about the stupid myFavs icons. I had the same exact problem. After calling support, with no fix I decided to hide them because they are a nuisance anyway. I still get to call my friends for free so no worries man. Other than the myFavs icon issue 4.5 rocks.

Eventually T-Mobile will get off their rear-end and offer the upgrade.
    12-16-08 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD