when i first got my phone i gave myh pin to my buddy and he said he sent me a request.. .never got anything..

last night i gave to a girl she put her pin in with her name..and it says her name under pending contacts... how do i add people??... i cant figure it out
    03-23-08 09:48 PM
    Have you verified that your status in BB messenger is set to active?
    03-23-08 09:51 PM
    indeed... says currently i am available
    03-23-08 10:04 PM
    To add other BB pin, while in BB messenger screen, hit the menu button and a list will pop up and you should be able to add pins from there.
    03-23-08 10:07 PM
    i did that... it says the girls name under pending contacts and i am unable to message her
    03-23-08 10:27 PM
    Maybe it says pending becuse she hasn't accepted your request yet?
    03-23-08 10:31 PM
    shes the one that physically put her number in my phone... she said i need to call cingular.. that theres something wrong
    03-23-08 10:33 PM
    shes the one that physically put her number in my phone... she said i need to call cingular.. that theres something wrong
    She physically put her pin in your phone??
    From the way I set my BB messenger was either add a contact and waited for them to accept, or when i get a request i accept and them i can msg them back and forth. By her physically putting her pin in your phone, did she just entred the #, you never stated that she got a request on her device and that she accepted you.
    03-23-08 10:37 PM
    yeah her phone got nothing from mine

she took my phone.. put her pin in with her name.. and added to my contact list... it now says pending.. and she recieved nothing from me...

i also gave my pin to another friend.. and he said he requested me and i got nothing
    03-23-08 10:40 PM
    okay then, try these steps.

1. do a batter pull
    2. click on options>click advance options>click host routing table>press menu button and click on register now.
    03-23-08 10:44 PM
    Yea do a battery pull and also try to readd her its pending cause she didn't ok you from her end

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-08 10:49 PM
    Yea do a battery pull and also try to readd her its pending cause she didn't ok you from her end

i realize this.. but she was standing right next to me with her phone while we were trying to do it... so she said its something wrong on my end

pulling battery now
    03-23-08 10:57 PM
    okay then, try these steps.

1. do a batter pull
    2. click on options>click advance options>click host routing table>press menu button and click on register now.
    i have no idea what this just did
    03-23-08 11:01 PM
    What it does is it registers your device again with your carrier's network, did you receive and email after you did that?
    03-23-08 11:08 PM
    email?... i dont have email set up on here yet...

i skipped that step on setup.. cause it said either choose a work network or skip it... and i dont know my works code yet.. so i had to skip...

currently the only type of messages i can use r sms
    03-23-08 11:13 PM
    As far as i know, in order to use BBmessnger you are required to have some sort of data plan or email plan. If your device is currently only hooked up with voice and sms, then bbmessnger will not work.
    All the info can be read from this link:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/blac...oes-work-5877/
    03-23-08 11:17 PM
    i have an unlimited data plan...

i just dont have any email setup
    03-23-08 11:23 PM
    when i first got my phone i gave myh pin to my buddy and he said he sent me a request.. .never got anything..

last night i gave to a girl she put her pin in with her name..and it says her name under pending contacts... how do i add people??... i cant figure it out

Check out Link
    03-23-08 11:25 PM
    From what I know I thought you had to have a blackberry plan and not just any kind of plan

03-23-08 11:38 PM
    none of this is working

i deleted my pending contact...

when i go to add contact.. it brings up my adress book...i select the person i wast to add, and it brings up their mobile number...i the hit the trackback ball and it gives me the option to send to send to messenger contact.. so i do...

then it brings up a box that says

"select a contact"
    -empty..

i have no where to go then but back.. i cant find where it lets me input their pin..
    03-23-08 11:43 PM
    From what I know I thought you had to have a blackberry plan and not just any kind of plan

i do have a blackberry plan
    I was told by at&t to drop my media plan for the Unlimited BIS Plan. I've seen a lot of post from others about not needing a Blackberry plan. Personally, I did not want to chance paying any overages - ever.
    anybody else have any ideas???

i am lost now!
    03-24-08 10:46 AM
    none of this is working

i deleted my pending contact...

when i go to add contact.. it brings up my adress book...i select the person i wast to add, and it brings up their mobile number...i the hit the trackback ball and it gives me the option to send to send to messenger contact.. so i do...

then it brings up a box that says

"select a contact"
    -empty..

i have no where to go then but back.. i cant find where it lets me input their pin..

Are you adding from bb messenger > add new contact > from address book go to use once > press menu > add by pin? Sounded like you're adding folks to your bb messenger via phone # and that's now how bb messenger works.
    Last edited by raylol16; 03-24-08 at 10:54 AM.
    03-24-08 10:52 AM
    Are you adding from bb messenger > add new contact > from address book go to use once > press menu > add by pin? Sounded like you're adding folks to your bb messenger via phone # and that's now how bb messenger works.

when i do it this way... it goes into the pending column, and the other person recieves no notification
    03-24-08 10:58 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD