Well my IPOD finally died. Now I am faced with the decision to buy another one, or just get bigger SD card for the curve and use it as my MP3 player. Is anyone else using their bb as their primary MP3 player and have you had any problems with it? What how hard is it on battery life?

Now I guess I need to look at stereo bluetooth headsets.
    01-05-09 02:53 PM
    I gave my ipod to my husband when i got the curve. I used it as an mp3 at the gym and in my car through the aux jack. I still got pretty good battery life.

I would use it as your mp3 and just see how it goes. It's certainly not as easy to navigate but to me it wasn't bad enough to drop $200 for an ipod.
    01-05-09 02:55 PM
    i have 8gb card on my berry and lots of songs, videos and pics...for me that's just like carrying an ipod nano
    01-05-09 02:58 PM
    8GB SDHC card NewEgg - 16.00 no ship

I watch movies and TV shows on my curve.

I also installed the free xPlayer app to watch all formats including AVI which is not natively supported.
    01-05-09 03:00 PM
    yep, I use my curve as my mp3 player. I have an 8gb card.
    01-05-09 03:40 PM
    Will the curve support a 16 GB card or is there an 8 GB limit?
    01-05-09 03:44 PM
    I use mine as my primary MP3 player. Only sporting a 4GB card at the moment so I am forced to switch out songs on a regular basis. Saves carrying 2 devices and now everything I need is all in one place.
    01-05-09 03:49 PM
    Will the curve support a 16 GB card or is there an 8 GB limit?
    i believe if your running 4.5OS a 16GB will work. Pre 4.5OS 8GB is the limit
    01-05-09 03:50 PM
    i believe if your running 4.5OS a 16GB will work. Pre 4.5OS 8GB is the limit
    yes i just pu a 16g into my new curve running .89, works fine recognizes 14.9g (plenty for me)

Can someone answer a question of mine so i dont make a new thread?

When viewing pics, is there a shortcut to move o next/prev pic? I have been going through BB key but there must be a shortcut lol

too bad trackball doesnt work to navigate left and right
    01-05-09 03:54 PM
    Try N for next and P for previous
    Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-09 03:57 PM
    I use my Pearl as an iPod replacement. 8 gb memory card and I used doubletwist to unprotect all of my itunes music. Add FlipSide and you've got cover flow and all the goodies that the iPod has. The only thing my Pearl can't do that my son's iPod touch can is use the accelerometer... though theres always the Storm....
    01-05-09 04:01 PM
    Try N for next and P for previous
    Good luck!

Hmmm

not th best transition, but thaqt works!

thanks very much and sorry to threadjack hehe
    01-05-09 04:03 PM
    I used my BB curve as a backup to my ipod when I've forgotten to charge it and since I have a good memory chip, I've loaded enough songs on to keep me busy in the meanwhile and it works great in my opinion.

01-05-09 04:15 PM
    what website did you go to to find the xplayer and did u do it ota?
    01-05-09 08:57 PM
    what website did you go to to find the xplayer and did u do it ota?
    Mobiola xPlayer :: BlackBerry :: Download

OTA Link: wap.shapeservices.com
    01-05-09 09:02 PM
    i found it using wap.GetJar.com on my phone, thanks anyway
    01-05-09 09:17 PM
    I'm also leaning towards using my Curve to handle everything. As soon as the Slacker Radio app is released I'll have no reason not to carry just my phone for all of my music needs.

01-05-09 09:22 PM
    I opened a thread about this a few days ago. I have a 1gb sd card on my curve and I utilize Apple Genius to keep my mixes fresh, because to me its asinine to put 8gb of memory in anything unless your backing up your library. Thats over 2 weeks of music. I,m not gonna listen to all that music my mood of music changes daily so I pick a song i,m thinking about and let "Genius" put together songs from my library that fit that mood. lol seriously
    01-06-09 12:41 AM
    Use my 8330 as my primary music player. Works fine.. I'm currently on sporting a 1gb card which works fine, I get bored of songs pretty easily so I don't have a problem switching out. I hope to get a 4gb card this month. It will be more than enough for ny music/movies/pictures.

01-06-09 12:51 AM
    I also use my blackberry curve as my music player. I added a 4 gb card to the phone as I also get a kick out of watching videos and taking videos on my phone. I love my new bb! lol
    01-06-09 12:56 AM
    i just got the 8350i and put a two gig in it but the only fault i have with using most mobiles as music players is loading library time but as long as i switch apps it stays loaded! interested in a 16 gig for movies on the go!
    01-06-09 01:46 AM
    I utilize it daily as a music player, having two devices is just silly when the curve is great! I have Windows Media Synch refresh my songs on a weekly basis and my 2 gb card ends up being more than enough!
    01-06-09 08:35 AM
    I have verizon as my provider (not sure if that makes a difference). I purchased an 8 gb card and upgraded my OS to 4.5.

I still can't see the card on my phone. I can see it on my PC and even the songs loaded on it. When I go to my media player/music (default on the blackberry) it says that there are no songs.

Now what? Thanks for any and all help.
    01-06-09 08:45 AM
    The only downside of switching from an iPod to your Curve as your player is that iTunes purchases with DRM will not play on your Curve. You will have to strip the DRM (several methods available), or upgrade your iTunes purchases to iTunes Plus which removes DRM.

As for capacity, the advantage of the curve over an iPod is that you can swap SD cards for additional capacity.
    01-06-09 09:23 AM
    i need help to download movies on the SD card for 8350i.. Where do i find them and can i download movies from DVDs?
    08-16-09 12:14 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD