I've posted this in other forums but maybe someone here can help me out --

I'm trying to send meeting requests/invite attendees (as reminders for appointments) out from my calendar.

First problem is that my default email is not the one that it lists as "sending from" and sometimes there is no way to change the sending address. Secondly, when I am able to change sender back to the default, the email bounces back to the inbox with a red X with the status saying the address specified was invalid. I searched for this issue and read that RIM knows about the problem that it can only send meeting requests from the default email but MY problem is that it WON'T send from the default and actually chooses one of the secondary addresses.

Any ideas??? Thanks.
    10-26-07 08:45 AM
    I'm having the same issue with my 8310..
    03-14-08 07:00 PM
    I am having the same problem with changing the "default" email address when sending out meeting invitations. The email address listed by default, unfortunately is not the email address that is set as "default". What I noticed is that if you are inviting someone to an existing appointment, you will not be able to change the sender email address from what ever your BB chooses to use (and that may not be the default email address, mine isn't!!!). Instead, when setting an appointment where you know you will be inviting others to, pick the day and time of the appointment and use the menu to set a new appointment. Enter all the data required for appointment using the menu and you can then change the sender email address when inviting attendees.

I suspect that the software has set the first email account established on the handset as the "default" email address, as it certainly isn't alphanumeric or set using the options menu. I'm going to try deleting the "default" email account on the handset to force the device to use the address I would like to be my dafault email. Then reconnect to the other email services.

Hope this helps... (technology is only as good as those who created it!)
    05-21-08 03:38 PM
    As crazy as this might sound, it works... as previously stated, I deleted all email accounts and only retained the one I wanted to be the "default". I exited out of email setup and tested by inviting someone to an existing appointment. And sure enough my BB had to use the only email account available. The next step is to go back into email setup and reconnect all other email accounts. It's a pain, but it works.

Now if you want to switch email accounts when sending out an invitation, as stated in my previous post, you cannot do this with an existing appointment.

At least for 99% of my appointments, the proper "default" email address is the right email address.

*PHEW*
    05-21-08 04:13 PM
    I actually deleted the existing appointment and recreated it and the "invite attendee" was there... :-)
    09-15-09 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD