I just got finished doing a full body invisiblesheild on my girlfriends pink verizon curve. I followed the instructions perfectly, and this is my second time doing a full body install. Now my girlfriends antenna is friend and has no service and the battery shows water damage. I'm extremely pissed off right now and I'm not quite sure what to do. Are there any other water damage indicators in the phone? I couldn't find any. Could I just put in a new battery and bring it verizon? The phones only a week old for crying out loud. GRARRRR

Any help or input would greatly be appreciated
    01-23-09 10:53 PM
    Not a whole lot you can do. You can't just swap out the battery either since there is an indicator on the phone itself as well. Best bet is to let the phone dry out if you got too much water in it. Leave it open for a day or some people even say its best to put in in a Ziploc bag w/ rice for 24hrs to dry out. Best of luck.
    01-23-09 11:02 PM
    Besides being dishonest, I don't think Verizon will replace it. They will more than likely know what happened to the phone and you will be stuck paying full price anyway. Sorry this happened!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 11:06 PM
    Only a little bit of the liquid spray seeped into the crack on the bottom of the battery cover. Just enough to change the color of the indicator. The water strip on the phone itself it completely white.

Literally only a few drops of the solution got under the batter cover. Its pretty ridiculous IMO.
    01-23-09 11:24 PM
    Don't you have insurance??

01-23-09 11:30 PM
    I have installed the same shield...fortunately no problems.
    How much spray did you use?? Also did you have the battery out when you installed the shield? I believe the directions said to leave the battery out for 24hrs after installation...hmmm

Sorry man good luck, I know how strict Verizon is on that kinda stuff

01-24-09 12:06 AM
    Yep you're supposed to leave the battery out when you do it....
    01-24-09 12:16 AM
    Well good news everyone. I just took some compressed air and blew out the phone. Everything works perfectly now.
    01-24-09 12:16 AM
    You revived the berry! Now you can sleep with both eyes closed since your GF isn't going to be thinking of the top 5 ways she is going to make you pay! Glad you got it fixed!

01-24-09 12:23 AM
    Just FYI, the battery indicator isn't actually a water indicator. The white strip with the pink line is for short circuits. Every blackberry i have gotten has had that, or a white sticker with xxx in pink. Does not change with water or any other liquid.

There is a white square sticker on the phone that changes color on the phone itself, and theres a few "indicators" inside the phone as well, but the battery would be too easy to change to put a water sticker on it.
    01-24-09 12:26 AM
    Just FYI, the battery indicator isn't actually a water indicator. The white strip with the pink line is for short circuits. Every blackberry i have gotten has had that, or a white sticker with xxx in pink. Does not change with water or any other liquid.

There is a white square sticker on the phone that changes color on the phone itself, and theres a few "indicators" inside the phone as well, but the battery would be too easy to change to put a water sticker on it.
    ^
    Truth

Good to hear you got it all fixed up and running.
    01-24-09 12:59 AM

It did actually change a bit. it turned into pink with like a red line going through it. That may be a result of the ink bleeding, but I'm not sure.
    01-24-09 01:37 AM
    You revived the berry! Now you can sleep with both eyes closed since your GF isn't going to be thinking of the top 5 ways she is going to make you pay! Glad you got it fixed!

Yeah number one on that list was destroying my Bold.
    01-24-09 01:38 AM
    BB's all around the world would have been crying!

01-24-09 02:48 AM
    I still haven't figured out why he blamed invisiblesheild.
    01-24-09 06:40 AM
    Because invisibleshield is supposed to be water tight......
    01-24-09 09:45 AM
    When all else fails, follow instructions.

01-24-09 09:51 AM
    the invisible shield is not water tight. He probably used excessive amounts of the application liquid and didnt turn the phone off and take tha battery out LIKE THE DIRECTIONS TELL YOU. but go figure who needs directions......
    01-24-09 11:02 AM
    Irregardless of fault....Glad you got it going again!
    01-24-09 05:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD