Hello,

I just received my IS full kit. I am trying to decide if I want to place it on the black rubber parts of my phone or just leave those portions off. I noticed BSE does not even give these pieces. I kindof like the stock rubbery feel.

Anyone have experience with this ? Does it apply well to these sections ? Do you wish you had left it off ? How does it feel on ?

Thanks in advance
    01-10-09 05:58 PM
    Don't do it. No need.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-09 06:07 PM
    I just got mine also and was wondering the same thing!
    01-10-09 07:09 PM
    I bought the InvisbleShield for my Curve last month. It's been nothing short of excellent in every respect. It looks and feels great and protects my entire phone.

I used the entire kit and put the pieces wherever they belonged. I've had no problems of any kind.

You can look to find my full review and post sometime last month.

Good luck!
    01-10-09 08:51 PM
    I too fully protected mine. I used all the pieces, including the sides. Very happy with mine. Good luck.

01-10-09 08:58 PM
    I've found that everytime one of these kits are used on the side rails, within 4-6 weeks, they start to peel.

If you do use on the side rails and have issues with the curved portions, get out a blow-dryer & heat the film a bit. In fact, the blow dryer treatment will set the film on the entire phone faster & assist in smoothing.
    01-10-09 08:59 PM
    I just put mine on the screen and the back and it was a paint! When the screen is off, it looks terrible! Also, I can't get the little bubbles to go away. I even pulled the screen one off and reapplied. I was thinking of getting a needle and popping the small bubbles and then smoothing it out.
    01-10-09 10:00 PM
    Just FYI, IS and Phantom Skinz installers are no longer using the rubber side pieces. Just thought I would share that with you.
    01-10-09 10:02 PM
    LoneStar, I too had the tiny bubbles and thought it looked terrible. However, I had already read on here that you have to give it time. Mine took about 5 days an looks great now. I'm glad I left it on and let it settle in.

01-10-09 10:14 PM
    I did mine last night and I really like it. The only part that looks a bit rough is one of the tiny bottom corners but I am hoping it cleans up in a few days. I misplaced it slightly.

The orange peel is not really even noticable. I was very surprised. What I like best is fingerprints no longer show up.

I did not use the sides or bottom but I did cover the very top black portion by the mute button as it was not rubber.

I am considering making my own thin slivers from the excess to cover the grey edges beside the screen and keyboard. Anyone done this? I am surprised that piece is not included.

01-11-09 09:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD