First things first... HI!

I'm Jeremy, I'm 26. I'm from Athens, Alabama (Just outside Huntsville).

I am using a BB Curve 8310 that my wife got me for Valentine's Day, with a 2G memory card. I'm on AT&T.

I have had a hundred questions, and now I can't remember any of them, of course. As I remember them I'll ask, but I will try to keep them all in one thread so as not to ***** up the forums TOO bad!

1) Aesthetic Question: Regarding my "background" on the main screen (Probably off on those terminologies, please fill me in on the correct terms and lingo!). Is there anyway to make the background image the ONLY thing visible (other than the icons, obviously)??? I want to be able to see the time and date and network status info, but the "surround" around that info blocks a large portion of my wallpaper.

2) SMS Question: Since I do a lot of texting, is there any way I can change it to where the screen lights up (instead of just the red LED indicator) when I receive an SMS?

More to come...
    02-19-08 12:49 PM
    Hey Jeremy... Birmingham here -- Roll Tide.

1- the background picture you can call "wallpaper". How the icons appear and all is Theme dependent. You can change themes and find one you like...Options > Themes. However, none of them are completely blank.

2. Nope.

Have fun, enjoy.
    02-19-08 12:55 PM
    Welcome to CB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-08 12:56 PM
    I use Windesktop theme, it only has a taskbar on the bottom. I got it from Bplay. It is like the Aero theme that was posted here a while ago.
    Bplay : BlackBerry Themes
    02-19-08 01:07 PM
    Welcome to the Black n Crack.
    02-19-08 01:15 PM
    Hey Jeremy... Birmingham here -- Roll Tide.

1- the background picture you can call "wallpaper". How the icons appear and all is Theme dependent. You can change themes and find one you like...Options > Themes. However, none of them are completely blank.

2. Nope.

Have fun, enjoy.
    Shoot Yeah man, Roll Tide Roll! Thanks for the info. From my limited browsing here, you seem to be a walking, talking BB Database.

I'm looking at those new Themes on BPlay now, thanks a lot, Chaz!
    02-19-08 01:31 PM
    No Problem, Taco.
    02-19-08 01:32 PM
    Just wanted to welcome you to CB!!!
    02-19-08 02:23 PM
    Woah... just realized I got *censored* in my intro post...

I forget that word often has negative connotations. Sorry!

Thanks for the kind welcomes, every body!
    02-19-08 02:57 PM
    I am using a BB Curve 8310 that my wife got me for Valentine's Day, with a 2G memory card.
    she's a keeper! welcome to the forums
    02-19-08 03:54 PM
    Well, if the wonderful son and new baby on the way weren't enough, she does keep a nice house and is a pretty good cook. The gifts are just icing on a really good cake!

I HAD another question... but I forgot it before I got here to ask it... maybe it'll come back to me.

Ahhhh yes...

PIN Messages, Blackberry Messenger... can I get a brief overview of the functionality and uses of each.

Connecting to Wi-Fi... if I am near a hotspot, how do I go about using it??? I am sure this is in my users manual, but I can't seem to locate it...
    Last edited by Taco; 02-21-08 at 03:14 PM.
    02-21-08 03:05 PM
    Every blackberry has a unique pin, like a serial number or mac address. So if you know some one else's pin you can send them a message. Blackberry messenger uses the pin more like a regular chat client.

I thought the 8310 had gps not wifi?
    02-21-08 08:14 PM
    Welcome to CB!!!!

I also set my own custom wallpapar, the theme i use it the zen, it has 6 icons vertically on the left of the screen, and lets a majority of the wallpaper show through!!!
    02-21-08 08:20 PM
    Welcome to the forums Taco,

Unfortunately your blackberry doesn't have WIFI....but you're always welcome to switch over to Tmo
    02-21-08 08:55 PM
    Maybe I can steal a little of Tacos thunder here. I too, am new and would like to introduce myself... hi everybody!

Just like Taco I have several questions and will not hesitate to pull the trigger, so I hope you guys are ready to assist
    02-21-08 10:53 PM
    I can live without the WiFi, as I don't do a terrible amount of sitting still anyway!

So, regarding the Messenger, is it where like... say, I'm in class @ school and somebody else in there has a blackberry, do our devices "see" each other and automatically make some kind of connection where we can chat...???

Sorry, I'm just not SUPER CLEAR on what exactly it would be used for.
    02-22-08 04:46 PM
    the benefit of blackberry messenger is it does not count against your sms texts...

it is an IM program that works only from one blackberry to another and works like a threaded conversation...

I use it all the time with people that have blackberries...

all you need is someone's pin number...each berry has its own pin

scroll to options>status>it will show your pin as a combination of numbers and letters...each berry has its own...

-db

welcome to the forums
    02-22-08 04:52 PM
    Also... I am having people tell me they are hearing a LOT of background noise when talking. Anybody else have this? Is there a fix?
    02-22-08 04:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD