Hey Guys,
    This is my first post so i guess ill introduce myself, my name is Jared and im from New jersey...I bought my first blackberry about 3 months ago as soon as vzw released the Curve, and I am now the owner of a 8330. I'm addicted to my bb. One quick question, and i looked online but i couldn't find any methods to fixing this w/o taking the whole shell off. My mute / standby button is stuck in the "down" position. it is still functional but i am trying to find a home remedy to fixing it, i dont know if this has happend to other people but i would like to avoid taking my blackberry apart. Thanks.

Dream Easy,

jared
    08-21-08 11:18 PM
    Welcome to CB Jared! I am not going to risk answering that question though. Sounds like you may need to take your Berry apart. Hopefully somone else will have a better solution.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-08 11:21 PM
    I would honestly swap this device for a new one via your carrier. Welcome to cb.

08-21-08 11:21 PM
    Welcome to CB Jared.

First I've heard of the that problem. Try and search the threads or it's back to the store.

Should be under warranty.
    08-21-08 11:23 PM
    Thanks for the greetings. I'm going to go to verizon tomorrow to see if they can do anything for me. If not ill be very carefull about taking it apart.
    08-21-08 11:25 PM
    Welcome to CB. Going to the carrier store is a good idea.
    But stay away from taking it apart for now. In most
    cases that will void your warranty.
    08-21-08 11:28 PM
    what happened at the verizon store jared? Did you get another curve?
    08-21-08 11:37 PM
    Hi Jared! Welcome to the cb family! Congrats on the new Curve! I believe yiu need to take the phone back & swap it for a new one.

08-21-08 11:40 PM
    Go to the VZW store and get a new one and welcome to CB.
    08-21-08 11:55 PM
    I went to the local vzw store, and they would not replace my BB on site. They said that I would have to call Data support and they would send me a new one.
    08-22-08 01:20 PM
    Hello Jared & welcome to the addiction!!! Are you the famous Jared that lost a lot of weight eating sandwiches?
    08-22-08 01:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD