I just acquired my dad's old curve 8320 and i stuck my sim card in there. The internet won't work at all, but i DO have a regular phone data plan that works with my tmobile samsung comeback on 3g. I already downloaded ubertwitter and opera mini through the memory card and tried to adjust the APN settings, but it still won't work. I read that i can still use third party applications to access the internet on a REGULAR phone data plan, is this true? I'm paying $20 on tmobile for web and text, not the $30 for a blackberry internet plan.

APN settings i've tried:
    wap.voicestream.com
    internet2.voicestream.com
    internet3.voicestream.com

username/password were both left blank

Anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks for your help
    07-05-10 12:47 PM
    I used to have a Blackberry 8300 and without a BIS plan. Apparently the BB Browser will not work unless you have a Blackberry Data plan. What you need to do is install a 3rd party web browser like Opera and your normal data plan should work with it.

Seeing that you have a 8320, if go into BB Browser setting and change it to hotspot browser you should be able to use that witha wifi connection.

Hope this helps,

-B.Ng
    07-05-10 01:03 PM
    thanks for your prompt response :] that seems to work perfectly. Now i just need to figure out how to get applications to work OTA with my current data plan.
    07-05-10 01:40 PM
    thanks for your prompt response :] that seems to work perfectly. Now i just need to figure out how to get applications to work OTA with my current data plan.
    I would suggest that you do a forum search for apps that work on Wi-Fi. You will be able to find a bunch that do.

You will not be able to use BlackBerry Messenger or App World. Those will not work at all unless you have a BlackBerry data plan (BIS).
    07-05-10 11:47 PM
    He can use Beejive for IM
    07-05-10 11:49 PM
    Actually, the App World does work for me :] All apps seem to work except for Blackberry branded apps (made by RIM). I've been using IM+ for instant messaging and it works great so far

Does anyone know how to get tethering to work? I managed to connect my macbook 10.5.8 via bluetooth to my 8320 and it does load pages. However, it looks exactly as if i were browsing using the BB browser on the phone, continuously asking me to upgrade my plan. Is there a way to make it so i can bypass that and browse as if i were using opera? Opera Mini works perfectly on the phone.

Ahh i would post a screenshot or a link, but i can't since i don't have 10 posts yet :/
    07-09-10 04:03 PM
    This thread might help you find some apps:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f65/wif...s-list-462539/
    07-09-10 04:08 PM
    wifi? yeah some people just dont get used to it
    07-10-10 01:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD