Hello,

I sent a blackberry curve to a friend of mine in India. This bberry previously had an IT policy installed, but we were able to wipe the device and remove the IT policy. However, every day at 5:15pm, without fail, the blackberry will not connect to the internet / the data services seem to not work. He can still receive phone calls, but the internet will not work - no email, no bberry messenger, no jivetalk, etc. He receives a message "Data Services not available."

At first we thought this might be an issue with Airtel, but they claim nothing wrong on their end.

What should we be looking for to get this resolved? it is the craziest thing I've ever seen, but it goes down *daily* without fail.
    01-30-08 10:11 AM
    The internet goes off for how long?
    1 minute? 23 hours?
    When does it come back on?
    01-30-08 10:55 AM
    It stays off until about midnight, and then starts working again.
    01-30-08 10:58 AM
    yes, that is strange.... I would first suspect either IT Policy (as you mentioned) or a carrier problem.

When it goes off... if you pull the battery while the device is still powered on, replace and reboot... will that work?
    01-30-08 11:02 AM
    That is some strict I.T Policies in place!

Dang...
    01-30-08 11:21 AM
    Well as I said, we put on a good vanilla clean IT policy, but maybe there is soemthing in there? The carrier says all is well. Maybe we should pursue that harder? He has tried the battery pull and that has not made a difference.
    01-30-08 11:54 AM
    I take it you've already cleared the cache / cookies? Albeit, I can't see how that would help, but, no harm in trying, right?
    01-30-08 12:10 PM
    HI, how do you clear the cache / cookies?
    01-30-08 03:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD