Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Internet Explorer for blackberry?

There's a website I need to be able to access via my BB, but it has to be IE6 or IE7. Is there an IE for the BB? If so, where?

I checked CB's store and IE's website but had no luck.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,194 Global Posts
    PIN
    20d3e302

Nope. Did you try Opera Mini?
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    7,117 Global Posts

No IE for BB, but you can try Opera Mini
    ~PRIDE!~
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    170 Global Posts

You can try changing the emulation mode... Open the browser, Option, scroll to emulation mode, select Microsoft IE.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    All you gotta do is ask

I need help with Opera mini you guys!!!!! I download and installed it....set the permissions to allow but for some reason it NEVER connects...............???????????????????? HELP!!!!! lol Step by step advice would be greatly appreciated
    CrackBerry User

Default No such luck

No such luck my friend. I have the same problem as I'm sure anyone that needs to access secure websites do with the bb. Operi Mini, Bolt, IE emulation mode, nothing will work. Supposedly BB is releasing a software upgrade in in Oct. (at least that's what my Sprint store told me) that you can get for free by taking your phone to your service carriers store and letting them do it. Don't think it will be available as a download over your ph. This "allegedly" will resolve this issue which has to do with encryption and security.
    Last edited by suthnyanki; 09-07-2009 at 08:21 AM.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by KimOgando View Post
    I need help with Opera mini you guys!!!!! I download and installed it....set the permissions to allow but for some reason it NEVER connects...............???????????????????? HELP!!!!! lol Step by step advice would be greatly appreciated
    Try deleting it and reinstalling...make sure you have no other apps open...especially in your browser. Just a thought. Took me 3 times because I had several apps open at once. I think individual BB's have their own personalities and sometimes have a mind of their own...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    207 Global Posts

Agreed ^^

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Global Posts
    10,172 Global Posts

You DO realize that this thread is A YEAR OLD, right?

Presumably, the user has either 1) gotten it to work or 2) moved on with their life.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycle Mama View Post
    You DO realize that this thread is A YEAR OLD, right?

Presumably, the user has either 1) gotten it to work or 2) moved on with their life.
    Maybe some useful info for anyone that that does a search for "IE for BB's" being as these posts seem to not have a given expiration period. Evidently you were looking for an answer or were subscribed to it....

Global Posts
    10,172 Global Posts

Wrong on both assumptions.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycle Mama View Post
    Wrong on both assumptions.
    Please except my humble appologies. I'm not on here to have a "thread war" just trying to to find info or leave some if I can. Do you have any "useful" input on the subject matter of this thread? (regardless of the posting date)
    CrackBerry Abuser

Threaf War!!!! Its On!!!

CrackBerry Newbie

Well it is now 2010 and I searched the forum for this issue that is new to Me today.

Thanks for ALL replies and updates no matter when they are posted. Help is always a good thing, and sometimes there is new information or procedure to old problems.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I agree..its been helpful to me . I've only had my BB for a month & have bumped into many webpage-related problems.

I d/l the Opera Mini a few times..each time, it runs super slow, well, compared to the default-BB browser. Its quite frustrating. There's got to be a browser for my BB Curve 8330 that doesn't run super-slow & will load most pages w/o problems...
    And yes I do understand it is NOT the same as a PC re: loading all content but heck, at least to be able to load most pages w/o problems.