I did 2 battery pulls and I still cant get on the browser for the past half hour. Just wanted to know if anyone else is having the same issue?

Verizon 8330 curve

thanks!
    03-22-09 02:52 PM
    Must be a carrier thing. ATT is working fine and I just read another thread where a VZW person was having issues as well

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-09 02:58 PM
    Just starting to see posts about this in other places. O would call VZW and let them know and ask if there are any new open alerts about this issue. 800-922-0204
    03-22-09 02:58 PM
    Mine isnt working either. Verizon.

Was freaking out - glad I'm not the only one.
    03-22-09 02:59 PM
    Working on TMO.
    03-22-09 03:00 PM
    ive been having the same trouble the past few days. the signal says 1xev instead of the usual 1XEV and all i can do is call or text.

probably a verizon thing...
    03-22-09 03:00 PM
    Looks like form the feedback it may be an outtage. Writing here is nice, but if no one calls they will not know about it they will not set priority. So call VZW and let them know!
    03-22-09 03:12 PM
    Yup, just called and its a major power outage in the North East and they don't know when it will be restored. Thought I'd share the word.
    03-22-09 03:27 PM
    I have this issue on ocassion with my sprint 8330

03-22-09 03:29 PM
    She said it was a known issue-no ETA on a fix though....
    03-22-09 03:41 PM
    My AT&T BIS is down and I live in Virginia. I haven't called AT&T yet, I have been experiencing this since yesterday. I check BBOutages and it didn't say anything. Weird.
    03-22-09 03:46 PM
    Soo glad I left VZW.....
    My AT&T is working fine...
    03-22-09 03:46 PM
    Soo glad I left VZW.....
    My AT&T is working fine...
    What a moron- I am sure the next time ATT has an issue we will all remember why you left . Ignorant statement.
    03-22-09 03:49 PM
    Sprint wins.
    03-22-09 03:59 PM
    Yeah... I'm pretty sure it's working... *glances down* Yup...

03-22-09 04:02 PM
    Working in Pittsburgh PA.
    03-22-09 04:05 PM
    BTW workng in my location as well. Never lost it.
    03-22-09 04:18 PM
    VZW is aware of the issue, it currently out in GA/AL region, spanning from Carrollton *west georgia* as far as Athens as far as I know currently. Emailed out IT team, no ETA, but it is known and being worked on as we speak.
    03-22-09 04:32 PM
    Thanks for the update
    03-22-09 04:32 PM
    Try going to "Manage Connections", turning wireless off, then wait a few seconds, and turn wireless back on. Then, go to options, advanced options, host routing table, register now. It worked for me.
    03-22-09 05:33 PM
    No one will help me in the threads I started, so I'm going to post it here. I am pretty sure that this is not related to any outtage, since I have full data access, internet, my home email all coming through in my BB.

My problem is that my @vzw.blackberry.net email address has disappeared into the universe. If I try to send an email to it, such as from my computer, it bounces. When I log into email setup to enter it, it is not there, so I try to add it, it will not accept it. When I try to "create" an email address and I use the same email, it says it is already taken and suggests the same with a 1 at the end of it, so I believe it is still in the universe somewhere.

Does anyone know how to fix this? No one will help me in either of the two threads I started about this.

Like I said, I can use all other data services in my phone, so I don't believe I'm affected by any outtage. DH's BB gets his email fine, so I don't believe it is an outtage affecting email only.

thanks
    03-22-09 05:52 PM
    its out in dirty jerz as well
    03-22-09 06:18 PM
    No one will help me in the threads I started, so I'm going to post it here. I am pretty sure that this is not related to any outtage, since I have full data access, internet, my home email all coming through in my BB.

My problem is that my @vzw.blackberry.net email address has disappeared into the universe. If I try to send an email to it, such as from my computer, it bounces. When I log into email setup to enter it, it is not there, so I try to add it, it will not accept it. When I try to "create" an email address and I use the same email, it says it is already taken and suggests the same with a 1 at the end of it, so I believe it is still in the universe somewhere.

Does anyone know how to fix this? No one will help me in either of the two threads I started about this.

Like I said, I can use all other data services in my phone, so I don't believe I'm affected by any outtage. DH's BB gets his email fine, so I don't believe it is an outtage affecting email only.

thanks
    I would call VZW, they have rsources to see what is going on with the account and get it fixed for you.
    03-22-09 06:26 PM
    It was out in NJ as well from about 5pm til about 7pm... unable to connect to the internet.. It's up now but had similar issues the past few hours with the internet..
    03-22-09 06:37 PM
    I would call VZW, they have rsources to see what is going on with the account and get it fixed for you.
    I got it fixed, but it is the craziest thing in the world. My guess is when BIS was doing an email upgrade over the past few days, something got overlooked.

In the beginning, (months ago) I originally had a silver curve and BIS account attached to its pin. When I exchanged it for a pink curve, I could not change the pin in the BIS account, so I created a new one.

I have not had a problem since, but as of today BIS must have switched my @vzw email back to the old BIS account which no longer even had a curve pin attached to it.

My guess is when they were doing a systemwide upgrade over the past two days, somehow they attached my @vzw email to the old inactive account and disassociated it with the current one.

The VZW rep spotted that, and we had to transfer everything to the OLD Bis account, just replacing the pin and esn in that one and taking out of the current account.

Is that not the wierdest thing in the world?!
    03-22-09 06:45 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD