I have a Blackberry curve 8330. v4.5.0.175.
    Windows Vista
    Running desktop manager v5.0.1
    sync with my yahoo calendar
    Verizon is my carrier.

Up until 2 nights ago it was syncing up with no issues.

That's when I started getting the error message that I needed to be connected to the internet.

I rebooted, thinking it was a fluke... it wasn't.

What I have done to fix the issue.

Connected usb directly and not on a hub.
    reinstalled DM... and have tried various versions from 4.2 up to the current version. Fresh installs, full wipes and partial installs. Also have changed the way things are installed... ie order of device manager, drivers, and desktop manager. I have also downloaded versions from different locations, thinking maybe a file was bad.
    checked settings in my firewall (Microsoft vista) and mcafee AND have tried disabling both. Also, I have soft reset the phone twice, and booted the computer from cold.

Every time, I get the same error....

And it was running fine for 6 months!

any ideas?
    02-28-10 10:04 AM
    You do not need to be connected to the internet to sync your device. Dm is probably looking for updates for itself and the device.... I would always connect directly to the pc when syncing with a usb cable. Have you googled the error message or post it here...
    02-28-10 10:19 AM
    Thanks for responding!!

I am trying to sync up to my yahoo calendar. Do you know a way to do that without using the DM?

The message I get is:
    "Your computer must be connected to the internet to perform this operation. Please ensure you are able to connect to the internet and try again."

As per my original post, I sync directly with a usb cable.

Lower right hand corner of the DM says the device is connected and gives my pin number. So the desktop manager sees the device. It just won't connect to the internet. I can back up the device, transfer files back and forth to the DM. I just cannot sync it up to my yahoo/internet connection to update my calendar.
    02-28-10 12:28 PM
    I see, I don't no about yahoo I sync wirelessly with google.......
    03-01-10 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD