Ok ppl i need your assistance again...I was having some issues w/ my BB so today Verizon gave me a new one...(same as last Curve 8330) but on this one my browser icon is missing!?!? anyone know how do i get it back?? Thanks in advance
    06-10-08 12:24 AM
    I've read that in some cases if your BIS plan is not activated yet the browser icon doesn't show up. Have you checked on that yet?

Also, could it simply be hidden? If you do a Menu>Show All, all of your hidden icons will show up.
    06-10-08 12:39 AM
    You can also try resending your service books and if that fails, I'm sure there is a download for the BB browser on the BlackBerry website, try looking there.

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    06-10-08 12:42 AM
    well I'm just assuming it should still be active all they did was swap out one for another...and it was working fine on my other one.....

and yeah i did ck 2 see if it was hidden.. but it not....
    06-10-08 12:46 AM
    how do i resend my service books?
    06-10-08 12:48 AM
    I work at vzw..and have seen reps make this error they didn't register it for you! To fix it go into options..then advanced options..host routing table.. then hit the bb symbol (the weird looking button to the left of your track ball) and click on register now... that should solve the problem for you within a matter of seconds
    06-10-08 12:51 AM
    I work at vzw..and have seen reps make this error they didn't register it for you! To fix it go into options..then advanced options..host routing table.. then hit the bb symbol (the weird looking button to the left of your track ball) and click on register now... that should solve the problem for you within a matter of seconds

Yes this should fix it!
    06-10-08 12:53 AM
    it worked...(yay!!) thanks...yall are the best
    06-10-08 01:02 AM
    Congrats and enjoy your Curve!
    06-10-08 01:04 AM
    it worked...(yay!!) thanks...yall are the best

glad I could help!!
    06-10-08 01:06 AM
    hit the bb symbol (the weird looking button to the left of your track ball)
    that's exactly how I describe it! :cheers
    06-10-08 08:27 AM
    yeah now i just tired all that and its still not there
    06-11-08 04:00 PM
    yeah now i just tired all that and its still not there
    If you have a BB data plan and you re-registered device, then resend service books.

Resend Service Books
    06-12-08 12:39 AM
    Yeah no that didn't work. In the end we figured out that my phone got (some how) an IT protocol which is found on phones running BES not BIS. so the service books and re-registering the device are not able to remove this. Wiping the whole phone doesn't solve this either. All i could do was download a program called JL_cmder V1.9.0 and used it to do a factory reset.

This is the only thing that work.
    06-13-08 05:09 PM
    Yeah no that didn't work. In the end we figured out that my phone got (some how) an IT protocol which is found on phones running BES not BIS. so the service books and re-registering the device are not able to remove this. Wiping the whole phone doesn't solve this either. All i could do was download a program called JL_cmder V1.9.0 and used it to do a factory reset.

This is the only thing that work.
    1) Go To "Manage Connections" Icon
    2) Scroll Down And Go To "Mobile Network Options"
    3) Press The Menu Button (Left Of The TrackBall)
    4) Scroll Up To "Start Provisioning"
    5) Press The TrackBall

You'll Get Your Service Books ReSent To You And You'll Get Your Browser Icon
    06-13-08 05:31 PM
    Yeah we had tried that didn't work.
    as stated above we tried everything spent over 2 hours on the phone with Telus trouble shooting the phone. Even had them unload my phone from the system and put it back on. Only thing that worked was the software above.

I have my icon back but at the expense of all the info on my phone.
    06-13-08 05:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD