I created a post earlier regarding the fact that my images were not embedded in my MMS messages as opposed to my brother's NEW Curve that does embed images. I was recommended to resend the service books to my phone here on CB.com. That I did, and to no avail. So I took serious action and called sprint. The rep tried to come to a solution and nothing. He had a curve to work with right by him. He asked me to check and see whether my phone had an ESN number or MEID. Mines is ESN, his was MEID (and his showed pics IN the actual message sent). And my brother's is also MEID. Thus meaning that us with older Curves fall off on that end. No biggie. Better to have MMS than not. Just figured I'd post for those curious. There IS an actual difference. Or better yet, if a few of you CB addicts out there with MEID berries could help and confirm that pics are actually embedded in your message, that would be great. If you guys also get a link, my hunt isn't over. Everybody wants their phone to run as efficient as possible, and I hope to find a solution to this if it's out there.
    06-18-09 09:31 PM
    Well, my Verizon 8330 shows an ESN and my MMS pics show embedded? Maybe specific to an OS or provider issue?
    06-18-09 09:38 PM
    Well, my Verizon 8330 shows an ESN and my MMS pics show embedded? Maybe specific to an OS or provider issue?
    Ah yes, I forgot to mention that, apparently Verizon and AT&T show the pics embedded as well. My brother's friend has an 8310 from AT&T and it shows on his MMS also. But me and my brother are BOTH Sprint users running the same OS. So I don't see what else could be the problem. That's practically the only difference between our two devices.
    06-18-09 09:42 PM
    That blows. It'd be nice if you could find a setting somewhere that's the missing link but I'm guessing you've been through it all on both phones?
    06-18-09 09:43 PM
    Yeah I've looked on both out phones and our message settings are the same. So no go there. It would just be so much better if I could see the pic right off the bat rather than having to deal with a pesky link and the slow BB Browser. U know? So eh, we'll see what happens. I have a feeling I'm stuck on this one though.
    06-18-09 09:47 PM
    Try replacing the net_rim_bb_mms.cod file in your OS with the corresponding file from the 8330m OS and load it to your BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-09 10:42 PM
    The issue was discussed in greater detail in one of the 8330m threads when we discovered that yes, the m was quite a different thing indeed. This is a device AND provider issue.

The small and skinny of it is that ESN Curves, the 8330 (aka the 8330e,) still get old PictureMails, the MEID Curves, the 8330m, get full MMS. This only applies to Sprint as far as anyone can tell and the recurring reply from Sprint's Tech Support and the BlackBerry Tech Support has to do with limitations in Sprint's PictureMail system. You see... the 8330 didn't even support MMS at all until OS 4.5... the Sprint 8330 ships with OS 4.3, the 8330m ships with OS 4.5, no older versions of the OS exist for the 8330m. MMS on Sprint still works through the PictureMail system (that's why there seems to be a lag between sending and receiving of MMS when Sprint users are involved) Sprint states that MMS has to be enabled on a per-model basis and because the 8330 and 8330m have different SKUs, they are different models. The 8330m's have true MMS enabled because it works out of the box, the 8330 on the other hand used to not be able to get MMS and Sprint can't assure that all users are running 4.5, they seem to think that there could be technical issues arising from the system attempting to deliver an MMS to a phone that still has 4.3 and can't support it. This is the explanation I received as I understood it, paraphrased for simplicity of course. I'm inclined to believe it as I have not yet seen a single 8330 that wasn't an M-model that would receive MMS instead of PictureMail.
    06-19-09 02:15 AM
    Thanks for "informing" us, but this is old news and was discovered within days of the 8330m release.
    06-19-09 03:33 AM
    This has been discussed in great length numerous times...the search field is your freind...

06-19-09 05:10 AM
    Mine is an 8330m with OS 4.5, but I get a link to download an attachment instead of an embedded pic.

06-19-09 07:54 AM
    Mine is an 8330m with OS 4.5, but I get a link to download an attachment instead of an embedded pic.

This only relates to Sprint, not sure about your carrier, but they may not support MMS on their side.
    06-19-09 05:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD