I'm coming to you guys because my research hit a dead end. Here is where I am:
    I started receiving the intellisync connector specific error on calendar sync. Research yielded that I may need to back down from 4.3 desktop manager to 4.2. I wanted to avoid that so I took option 2 which was to delete the calendar db off the unit and sync back to my desktop calendar. Same error and my calendar will not sync at all now.
    Are any of you familiar with this error on the curve? Do you have any more suggestions for me? If I have to go backward on my desktop manager how do I accomplish that without data loss? I would like to do that only as a last resort.
    Thanks in advance for your wisdom. I love my curve but I MUST have a reliable calendar.
    02-23-08 01:36 PM
    Well well well I ended up correcting it myself. When in doubt- pull the battery out. I made the battery pull and did a synch. The calendar came right over. NICE!
    02-23-08 06:27 PM
    T-Mobile Curve 8320, software v4.2.2.180, Desktop 4.3.0.17.
    It appears that this error occurs after Intellisync gathers calendar data from the device, then refuses to go any further, displaying the "fatal" error. I've attempted to delete recent entries in my device calendar to retrace back to a happy time when sync was reliable - just a few days ago all was well.
    Inspecting forum discussion threads I do not see anyone who has yet resolved the problem. Note to RIM: 4.3 Desktop is a great improvement over prior versions, but you need to fix this problem!!
    05-23-08 01:42 PM
    Hi bjscott5!

Since posting the comment on May 23rd, and with the problem persisting, irritatingly - grrrrr... - , I did some further investigation and can confirm the efficacy of a solution that was posted on another forum site.

BEFORE you jump to the "The Fix" below, ensure that your desktop / laptop (e.g. Outlook) calendar is completely up to date. If, like me, you're making calendar entries into both your laptop and PDA, then synching (or attempting to do so), you'll have numerous things in your PDA that you'll need to manually insert into your laptop calendar. Then...

The Fix...
    Using the BBY Desktop Manager:

- Go to the "Backup and Restore" --> Advanced
    - In the right column, select the "Calendar" database, and clear it.
    - Re-sync.

It worked for me!! Yeah!!!

Best of luck!
    06-27-08 09:05 AM
    I have always found this caused by a duplicate cal entry in the BB. The problem is finding the correct entry to delete. BUT, I think there's a bug in the BB firmware. (I'm on 4.2.2.194). If I edit an existing calendar entry (change its date/time) on the BB, that seems to trigger the duplicate record. The orginal version is 'still about' as far as I can tell...
    06-27-08 09:39 AM
    I found the duplicate in mine. Actually it was a triplicate. I deleted the first two. When I tried to open the third I got an error message saying it was already deleted externally. I am now going to "The Fix" suggested above by chrisdhook. It just took. I have DM 4.5 installed so apparently the bug is still there.
    07-09-08 05:59 PM
    I have removed ALL calendar entries on my BB. (that seemed to happen when I executed TheFix). I went thru my outlook and deleted anything that might be construed as a duplicate and I am still getting the error.

Any thoughts???
    Last edited by Wanda123; 08-29-08 at 05:02 PM.
    08-29-08 05:00 PM
    I was using V4.2 BB Desktop out of the box just fine to sync my calendar with Lotus Notes. I went on vacation and when I returned I started getting the error "duplicate records" and the application would stop syncing. My BB calendar and my Lotus Notes calender were not identical so I new this was in error. I searched around and saw that it could be related to Spyware running on the system. Since this was a work computer I thought they had loaded something that was stopping the application. After some research with work IT, this didn't seem to be the problem. I then removed BB Desktop from my computer and downloaded V4.6 and now I get the Intellisync Connector Specific Error before it stops syncing. I tried deleting my calendar and then restoring it. I tried pulling out the battery as the first person suggests. I read that calendar entries with attachments cannot be sync'd but I didn't have any of between the time it worked and the time it stopped working. My guess, if I narrow down to that time could be that it does not like all day events. I have quite a few. I enter bdays that way. Before I delete them all the lose them does anyone have any other advice? I haven't tried downloading new SW to BB. I'm afraid I'll lose everything. Help!

BTW, I have seen it handle duplicate entries okay in the past.
    08-29-08 11:13 PM
    I upgraded to the latest 4.6 version and it fixed my problem. YAY
    09-02-08 08:04 PM
    V4.6 of desktop SW or BB SW? I had the "duplicate files" error with V4.2 of the desktop SW and got the "Intellisync Connector Specific Error" with V4.6. Both versions had the same result, my Lotus Notes and BB calendars would not sync.

So I finally took the advice to delete all my calendar entries in my BB and then resynch with my Lotus Notes. This worked. It took a few hours to get all the entries into my Lotus Notes, but it is great to be in synch again. (See V4.6 of the desktop SW for backup/restore as an easy way to empty your calendar. This also gave me a backup of my BB calender in case resyncing did not work.

BB needs to fix their software if duplicate entries or one "funny" calendar entry is going to disable the ability of a particular feature.
    09-02-08 11:27 PM
    I too have this problem, I have been doing the clearing of the calendar database to solve it, but it gets old having to do that every few weeks. It's pretty odd, it will sync fine for a while and then all of the sudden, I'll start getting an error and have to clear it out again. I haven't been able to nail it down to a specific calendar entry either. I had this problem with 4.2 software and now 4.5, having a problem upgrading to 4.6, but I think that's my work laptop blocking the install. Hoping someone will find a good fix for this someday. Personally I blame Intelisync as I had a similar problems way back when with their software and syncing my old palm pda.....
    09-03-08 09:58 AM
    See my comment above. Is this happening 'all of a sudden' when you edit an existing appointment on the BB? Not sure if this has to be a particular type of appt (maybe recurring) or some other attribute of the appt, if any.
    09-03-08 10:25 AM
    Okay, so I have been watching this issue closely since I recovered last week. I have been keeping track of new calendar entries and hardly enter anything into my BB. I do it in Lotus Notes and then resynch--a pain!!--but I don't want to lose my resynch capability.

So today I risked all and edited a recurring calendar entry on my BB. I changed the start time. I believe I applied it to the series, but I may have applied it to only one date. When I resynch'd on with my Lotus Notes, it appeared that everything was fine. Then I started looking in my LN closely and noticed that my LN did not update the start time for this calendar entry. When I clicked it open LN had the correct time, but then I got a LN error message that it could not find the calendar entry. It looks like the pointer to the information is corrupted by the resync. I tried deleting the entry from LN and resyncing and it took FOREVER--like I thought it was dead, but I let go and it was done in about 30 minutes. I didn't check if it was correct unfortunately, but this was an issue. I did a couple of other things on LN for other appts, but every resynch was taking FOREVER also. I figured I had an issue again, so I blew my BB calendar away again and resynch'd again. It's going right now, but I hope that will take my back to relatively fast resync's.

Anyway, I thought I would look you with this clue. I was looking at an Intellisync help website and it sounded like it admits issues with recurring entries when you change "key fields". If you Google "Intellisync Blackberry" the website will come up.

Okay, so the message is don't mess with recurring calendar entries on the BB side. It messes up LN. Hope this helps. I would love to hear any other clues/tips.

(My friend with a Mac/IPhone is laughing at me right now. . .this BB is too much work!)

Deborah
    09-05-08 07:02 PM
    I did not begin experiencing this error until shortly after updating to the v4.6 desktop manager. I sync with Outlook 2007.

It may have been coincidental that I also changed the calendar sync settings slightly to only include 90 days in each direction, instead of my previous 180. But it may not have been. This is a weird bug.

Whatever the cause, chrisdhook's "The Fix" mentioned above worked perfectly and only took 2 minutes for 130 calendar items.
    10-07-08 11:37 AM
    Do you have a cical record for both Outlook and Blackberry under the service books? (on the phone > Options > Advanced Options > Service books).
    10-15-08 08:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD