I am very new at using a blackberry, mine is the 8330. I began to receive these error messages about 2 weeks ago, expecting it to correct itself.

Will someone please help me to correct/repair this situation?

During the synchronization process, I receive Synchronization Error: �Intellisync Unable to read application data". I always receive this error along with an additional message (near the same record #516) stating, �Processing device address book records 516 of 523 records�

Thank you,
    [email protected]
    01-02-09 10:17 AM
    I had the same problem. Try this... it worked for me! I got it from blackberry forums, I can't post a link so I past it here:

Overview

When a BlackBerry smartphone synchronization fails, the cause of the failure can vary. To debug Intellisync� translation errors, examine the data provided in the PTTrace.log and tif.log synchronization log files. The tasks below describe how to turn on advanced synchronization logging and collect the information generated.

Summary of Tasks

1. Identify which organizer application is causing the synchronization to fail.
    2. Configure the iloptcfg.cfg file.
    3. Turn on ODSViewer logging (IBM� Lotus Notes� only).
    4. Synchronize the BlackBerry smartphone using the affected application to create the synchronization log files.
    5. Reconfigure the iloptcfg.cfg file.

Task 1 - Identify which organizer application is causing the synchronization to fail

Identify which organizer application is causing the synchronization to fail by synchronizing each application separately until the problem recurs. For instructions, see KB03069.

Task 2 - Configure the iloptcfg.cfg file

1. Open the iloptcfg.cfg file using Microsoft� Notepad. The file is in one of the following directories, depending on your operating system:

* Windows 98

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Intellisync

* Windows ME

C:\Windows\Application Data\Research in Motion\BlackBerry\Intellisync

* Windows 2000 or XP

C:\Documents and Settings\<user_name>\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Intellisync

Note: If you cannot locate the Application Data folder, complete the following steps:

1. In Windows Explorer, click Tools > Folder Options > View tab.
    2. In the Advanced settings section, under Hidden files and folders, select Show hidden files and folders.
    3. Click Apply > OK.

* Windows Vista

C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Intellisync

Note: If you cannot locate the App Data folder, complete the following steps:

1. Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel.
    2. Complete the appropriate step below:
    * If Control Panel opens in the Classic View, double-click the Folder Options icon and select the View tab.
    * If Control Panel opens in the Control Panel Home view, click Appearance and Personalization and then click Show Hidden Files or Folders.
    3. In the Hidden files and folders section, select the Show hidden files and folders radio button.
    4. Clear the Hide extensions for known file types check box.
    5. Clear the Hide protected operating system files check box.
    Click Apply > OK.
    Change the MultiJobTraceLog value to 200 (the default is 1). This setting generates the PTTrace.log file.
    Change the TifLog value to 100 (the default is 0). This setting generates the tif.log file.
    Save and close the file.

Note: If you are using BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.0.1, delete the PTTrace.log and tif.log files from the folder. These are the old synchronization files.

Task 3 - Turn on ODSViewer logging (IBM Lotus Notes only)

If your computer is running IBM Lotus Notes 5, 6, or 6.5, turn on ODSViewer logging.

Open Windows� Explorer and go to one of the following locations, depending on which version of BlackBerry Desktop Software you are running:
    * BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.0 or earlier

C:\Program Files\Common Files\PUMATech Shared\Connectors\Lotus Notes 5.0 Connector
    * BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.0.1 or later

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Connectors\LotusNotes5.0
    2. Double-click the ODSViewer.exe file.
    In the ODS Default Viewer, verify that the output path is set to a valid file name (for example, C:\Temp\ODSDebug.log).

Task 4 - Synchronize the BlackBerry smartphone using the affected application to create the synchronization log files

1. Disconnect the BlackBerry smartphone from the computer.
    2. Close BlackBerry Desktop Manager, if it is open.
    3. Reopen BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    4. Reconnect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer.
    5. In BlackBerry Desktop Manager, double-click Intellisync.
    6. Click Configure PIM.
    7. Clear all of the check boxes, except for the check box beside the organizer application that is causing the error, and then click OK.
    8. In the Intellisync window, click Synchronize Now. This creates the PTTrace.log and tif.log synchronization log files.

Task 5 - Reconfigure the iloptcfg.cfg file

1. Open the iloptcfg.cfg file using Microsoft Notepad. This file is located in one of the following directories, depending on your operating system:

* In Windows 98

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Intellisync
    * In Windows 2000 or XP

C:\Documents and Settings\<user_name>\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Intellisync

In Windows Vista

C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Intellisync

2. Change the MultiJobTraceLog value to 1.
    3. Change the Tiflog value to 0.
    4. Save and close the file.

Additional Information

After you turn on advanced synchronization logging, calendar entries might appear corrupted. This may be the result of attachments in the calendar. Once the attachments are removed, synchronization should complete successfully.

Good luck,
    Juan
    06-10-09 08:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD