im a newbie

I got a question, i have a blackberry curve 8320 Titanium okay and my blackberry has alot of scrathers some deep ones the trackball is dirty and brown so i want a new one blackberry... so i thought and was wounder since i got the insurance for $5.99 a month for t-mobile if i was to drop it in the toilet and take it to t-mobile telling them it dont work will i get a new one,

The reason why im asking this question is first i want a new blackberry SECOND t-mobile has ran out of stock for the Titanium curve, so will i get a new curve same color?

another question if i was to purposely crack the screen then will i able to get a new one without any charges??

LAST QUESTION: is there a possible way i can break in a certain way my blackberry with out having to be charged by any fees or deductible
    Last edited by dope_boi_420; 08-08-08 at 03:34 AM. Reason: added another question
    08-08-08 02:56 AM
    You can give it a shot. Does your insurance cover accidental toilet dropage?

As to your second question, if they are out of stock and don't have any in-store, you probably won't be able to get the same color without waiting for them to come in-stock.
    08-08-08 03:16 AM
    Just be aware that you'd have to pay the $100 (I think) deductible.
    08-08-08 03:19 AM
    I wouldn't recommend doing that, the 5.99 equipment protection is done through Asurion insurance, which will replace it for you -- but at a deductible cost because of water damage, which means it's outside of T-Mobile warranty.

Better just ebay or find some other online websites that have replacement trackballs. I got one online for like 10 bucks, and it's really easy to exchange. Remove the ring, replace, voila. Might want to check out a tutorial on how to do it if you aren't tech savvy though.
    08-08-08 03:20 AM
    just buy new parts on CNN.CN . I don't trust insurance because its a rip off. You pay 6 bucks a month and to get a another phone-a refurb that is in which you have to pay 100 bucks or so...totally not worth it.
    08-08-08 03:37 AM
    If you purchased that 8320 within the past 12 months, you can easily do a warranty swap! Dont even mess around with insurance and you'de have to pay the deductable if u break it...

If you are within the past 12 months of your warranty, just call t-mobile and tell them that something is malfunctioning (maybe like your curser sticks) or something like that...They will make you go through diagnostics and ask you to master reset and all that BS...

Just tell them you did "wipe handheld" kinda like master reset,,pulled the battery for like 5 minutes, or just make up something that is not fixable by you and sounds like a manufacture defects...

Its not hard as it sounds, if you get a nice PDA support person!! lol

anyways, if the pda support is giving you hard time just tell them you have to call back cuz theres something important you have to do...
    08-08-08 03:55 AM
    Thanks All for All you Great Help!!!
    08-08-08 04:15 AM
    Yes thanks iam going to do what you said i only own the phone for 2 months i went international with it and man it got really messed up as in the housing but blackberry works great... but i wounder how im going to fake swap it u have any other good ideas??? on what i can say?

If you purchased that 8320 within the past 12 months, you can easily do a warranty swap! Dont even mess around with insurance and you'de have to pay the deductable if u break it...

If you are within the past 12 months of your warranty, just call t-mobile and tell them that something is malfunctioning (maybe like your curser sticks) or something like that...They will make you go through diagnostics and ask you to master reset and all that BS...

Just tell them you did "wipe handheld" kinda like master reset,,pulled the battery for like 5 minutes, or just make up something that is not fixable by you and sounds like a manufacture defects...

Its not hard as it sounds, if you get a nice PDA support person!! lol

anyways, if the pda support is giving you hard time just tell them you have to call back cuz theres something important you have to do...
    08-08-08 04:18 AM
    im a newbie

I got a question, i have a blackberry curve 8320 Titanium okay and my blackberry has alot of scrathers some deep ones the trackball is dirty and brown so i want a new one blackberry... so i thought and was wounder since i got the insurance for $5.99 a month for t-mobile if i was to drop it in the toilet and take it to t-mobile telling them it dont work will i get a new one,

The reason why im asking this question is first i want a new blackberry SECOND t-mobile has ran out of stock for the Titanium curve, so will i get a new curve same color?

another question if i was to purposely crack the screen then will i able to get a new one without any charges??

LAST QUESTION: is there a possible way i can break in a certain way my blackberry with out having to be charged by any fees or deductible
    first off, did your blackberry come with those scratches or is it cause by wear & tear? as for the trackball, you know you can get a replacement for like 9 bucks! i don't know much about t-mobile's insurance policy, but a lot of services won't cover water damage, so dropping it in the toilet might not be a good idea. like i said though, i don't know about t-mobile.

no offense, but i find your reasoning of destroying your current blackberry to get a new one is just lame and a bit...rude? purposefully destroying your current blackberry to get a brand spankin new one? to me that's just wrong. think of it this way, there are tons of people out there willing to have your scratched blackberry and be happy and thankful for it. i also find that people who try finding ways around policies to better themselves in a way that's not really deserving is just wrong. hey, i would like a new blackberry if mine were scratched up as well, but if i didn't have the money to buy a new one, i wouldn't take advantage of others to get one.

anyways, good luck on your adventure. ever think about just asking them nicely that you were looking into getting a new blackberry and speaking with customer service? sometimes being nice and respectful will get you to places. just my 2 cents anyways.
    08-08-08 04:37 AM
    i know its kinda rude an picky but hey ill give it a try, i really dont want to break the berry at all but yeah...

first off, did your blackberry come with those scratches or is it cause by wear & tear? as for the trackball, you know you can get a replacement for like 9 bucks! i don't know much about t-mobile's insurance policy, but a lot of services won't cover water damage, so dropping it in the toilet might not be a good idea. like i said though, i don't know about t-mobile.

no offense, but i find your reasoning of destroying your current blackberry to get a new one is just lame and a bit...rude? purposefully destroying your current blackberry to get a brand spankin new one? to me that's just wrong. think of it this way, there are tons of people out there willing to have your scratched blackberry and be happy and thankful for it. i also find that people who try finding ways around policies to better themselves in a way that's not really deserving is just wrong. hey, i would like a new blackberry if mine were scratched up as well, but if i didn't have the money to buy a new one, i wouldn't take advantage of others to get one.

anyways, good luck on your adventure. ever think about just asking them nicely that you were looking into getting a new blackberry and speaking with customer service? sometimes being nice and respectful will get you to places. just my 2 cents anyways.
    08-08-08 04:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD