yup i have it...i feel that its too risky not to have it. the total cost of insurance for two years plus the deductible would be slightly less than the price i paid for my berry at discounted pricing so im def going to protect it..dont want to have to pay full price for a new one.
    06-04-08 10:24 PM
    I'd get it, but it's not offered. Sprint had a great deal, $50 bucks for all phones. T-mobile has $110 for the good devices and at&t now has $125 for PDAs.

When I get my BOLD, I will definitely get insurance. Now only if they did the same for the iPhone!
    06-04-08 10:30 PM
    My insurance is through Sprint and the amount is $7 added to my monthly bill...

ATV123, thats even better than what I got. I thought I got white glove treatment, but that is just about the best you can do. You scratched your phone and they offer you a new one for $50, wow that would come in handy for my GF.
    06-05-08 11:37 PM
    Those that have insurance did you get it with your carrier or with an insurance company?
    I got it through the carrier (VZW) but the service is really provided by a company called Asurion. I have TECAsurion ($5.99/mo.).
    06-09-08 05:55 PM
    i dont have
    i hope i havent jinxed myself
    06-09-08 06:28 PM
    For you AT&T folks without insurance, and heck for everyone else here's a cheap insurance program for Laptops, BB, Desktops, etc

Safeware, they don't have the 8330 listed yet but, for the 8310 its $50 a year and covers just about everything except equipment malfunction. with no depreciation taken.

I'm going to have to call them and look into this as.
    06-09-08 06:30 PM
    After reading this I called Verizon and got insurance on my Curve. I've only had it for three days and insurance has to be activated within 15 days of purchase.

I never had insurance on my previous phones because there was always some junk phone in a drawer that I could activate if necessary. Not in this case. I'd go nutty without my Blackberry and I would have a difficult time coming up with $400 to replace it. I'm a klutz, too. Dropped a Nokia in the toilet a couple of years ago.
    06-09-08 08:12 PM
    My insurance is through Verizon for $5.99/month. It's nice to know that if anything happens to my Curve, I'm covered. I learned the hard way a while back that cell phones are not good swimmers. And yes, water damage is covered under the plan I have.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-08 09:44 PM
    I have it and I think it's well worth the money with Verizon as the deductible is only $50. I've used mine twice in the past year...once for my own stupidity (I drowned my phone in a toilet) and once for theft. If you can afford to go without it do so, otherwise I think it's a smart move to pay the extra $5/mo. Best of Luck!
    06-09-08 09:53 PM
    I always carry insurance. Had a bad habit of washing phones....until I got my pearl.

06-09-08 10:02 PM
    think about all the phones you've had in the past, and how many times you've had to replace it. was the cost of insurance worth it? or was it a waste of money? It all depends if your carful or not
    06-09-08 10:31 PM
    think about all the phones you've had in the past, and how many times you've had to replace it. was the cost of insurance worth it? or was it a waste of money? It all depends if your carful or not
    Definitely worth it. IMO
    06-09-08 10:43 PM
    not me..... Ive never broke a phone. Knock on wood. LOL
    06-09-08 10:49 PM
    I just got the ATT insurance I am a big klutz too!

06-09-08 11:08 PM
    Insurance on the curve is like the BB plan. It's a must!!
    06-09-08 11:23 PM
    Get the insurance. I pay the monthly insurance fee for Verizon and it worked out great for me. Months ago I bought the 8830 used from ebay and you can tell it was used, but I wanted one bad and got a good price on it. I was driving and talking on my phone and it fell in between the seats and my hand was too big to get it. So I moved the chair forward (via power seating) and it smashed my keypag and took some of the buttons off. Called verizon to put in a claim, they forwarded me to the insurance people, told them what happened.... two days later (this happened on Saturday) brand spanking new 8830! All I had to send them was the other phone. I got to keep all the extra accessories. Get the insurance!
    06-10-08 09:36 AM
    I've always had insurance on my phones.

Sometimes Verizon replaces them for free...without going through the insurance company-- does anyone know for what reason they would do this?

I got my Curve for free- so I'm willing to pay the $5/mo for insurance. I don't ever want to pay that full retail...yikes!
    06-10-08 09:50 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD