Hi everyone =D! I was really interested in getting a Blackberry Curve with Tmobile, but plan to only get the email blackberry plan and unlimited texting. Since I wont have the internet package included in my plan, is it still possible to sign on AIM/YAHOO/MSN messengers (which come on the phone apparently) without it!?

thanks a bunch =]
    06-28-08 08:42 PM
    First off. The aim that "comes" with the phone is not compatible with the phone. It is actually not on the phone, it needs to be downloaded. Second you do need a data package in order to use the messengers.
    06-28-08 08:46 PM
    You can get the email plan without Internet? That seems really odd to me.... all the plans for the BB I've seen are "data" plans for email and Internet. Not individual email and Internet plans.
    06-28-08 08:47 PM
    Without data, how would you even get your email or use anything that required data? That does seem odd- but since I'm not all-knowing, I'll leave this one up to someone else to figure out.
    06-28-08 08:50 PM
    Yup yup T-Mobile provides the lowest plan for BB $9.99 just only for e-mail purpose...The way it works is it uses the BB server and the same as the IM ( Yahoo, AIM, MSN etc) . I tried and called TMobile like so many times i ended up with the same costumer service person lol.

You can get the email plan without Internet? That seems really odd to me.... all the plans for the BB I've seen are "data" plans for email and Internet. Not individual email and Internet plans.
    06-28-08 08:53 PM
    Yes! Believe it or not, on T-Mobile you can get unlimited e-mail for $9.99/month and UNLIMITED DATA for only $19.99/month!

He he he... The rest of you are all getting the Royal Screw in the Behind from your carriers!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-08 08:39 AM
    LOL I never thought I'd read that from anyone. I think the same thing everytime I see data plans for carriers that charge by the MB/GB like Rogers, etc.

Back to topic,
    Yes you can do the $9.99 plan. But say you don't want anything, T-Mobile can put a bypass on your account so you will have access to things like Instant Messengers (AIM, Yahoo! & MSN). This is just according to the person I talked to.

I'm not so sure about T-Zones because I know that costs $5.99. But you may wanna call and ask about that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-08 09:07 AM
    Two of the carriers here in Canada, Bell and Telus, both offer $15 unlimited email and IM only (BB Messenger only) plans. For an extra $15 on top of that they'll give you unlimited web browsing which pretty much covers all other forms of data you may use.

Rogers on the other hand, will nickel and dime you to death. Their recently announced iPhone voice/data plans are causing quite an uproar here.
    Last edited by Blackberry Guy; 06-29-08 at 12:10 PM.
    06-29-08 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD