For some odd reason that I nor Tech support can figure out I am unable to install VZNav by using the pre-installed bookmark. I click the link and then it "Times out." I am hoping someone can walk me through placing on my phone via the desktop manager. I did try but the .jad file isn't mathcing the files it can handle (.alx .ali).

I have placed my phone to location on, dialed *228 for an update, copied and pasted the link into Opera which works but once I hit the download button it reverts me back to the BB Browser.

any help would be great!

J
    06-05-08 12:28 PM
    No desktop version is out, the tech should know that , but that is another story....

May I ask what is your home page address and what is the link pointing to...

Please post up
    06-05-08 12:36 PM
    my homepage is m.yahoo.com

The link for the VZ Nav is mobile.vzwapp.com/bb/vzw_vznav.html

i cant post links until 10 posts???
    Last edited by tajay911; 06-05-08 at 12:52 PM.
    06-05-08 12:49 PM
    I don't have a pre installed bookmark unless you mean from the Verizon page....

Try this.

VZNavigator
    06-05-08 12:56 PM
    Also this is the 8330 Curves main default page I have on mine. FYI

https://mobile.vzw.com
    06-05-08 01:01 PM
    there is something with the VZNav link. no mater how I try it, the page will be "requesting" then it switches to "waiting" then times out.

When I hit -options then view my bookmarks it shows "links" htne under links it has Get VZ Navigator, then Downloads, then Blackberry HELP!. Folowed by WAP Bookmarks, then BB bookmarks.

could it be a browser setting?

Also, when I click on Downloads i get the message URL /Downloads was nbot found on this server.
    06-05-08 01:03 PM
    u r a lifesaver!!!!!

i truly appreciate the help. Got iT!!!
    06-05-08 01:05 PM
    Okay yes doing it from there times out for me as well. Use the main VZ home page I gave you and do it from there....

Must be a old bookmark they never took out...
    06-05-08 01:07 PM
    I had the same problem. The preinstalled bookmark doesn't work. The link on the verizon homepage works. I also highly recommend getting the mobile im application. Vz nav is inferior to telenav; supposedly they are going to release a new version for bb in the near future.
    06-05-08 01:07 PM
    I had the same problem. The preinstalled bookmark doesn't work. The link on the verizon homepage works. I also highly recommend getting the mobile im application. Vz nav is inferior to telenav; supposedly they are going to release a new version for bb in the near future.
    You forgot to mention That Mobiel IM........ There is always a cost...
    *****SMS charges apply for every message sent and received. So its not data, but SMS and hope you have an unlimited SMS plan if you plan to use it.
    Last edited by yester18; 06-05-08 at 01:20 PM.
    06-05-08 01:13 PM
    SMS charges apply for...VZ Nav? I thought it was unlimited usage with the $9.99 monthly fee.
    06-05-08 01:18 PM
    No that post was towards ZinaDork!

Not you bro, sorry for the confusion... yes VZ NAV is $9.99 a month..
    06-05-08 01:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD