I did the memory optimization and removed those ugly themes. Then I went to install a theme I liked and I could'nt. So I put those old themes back on and was able to install the theme I liked. I am assuming I need to keep those themes in order to get the theme I like? Is there a way around that? I hate to have so many themes and not even use them. Am I making sense ?? :-).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-08 11:09 AM
    They are kinda like, that makes your third party themes work, a database, a frame for them if you will..

I only have 1-2 third pary themes on my phone at any time...
    11-05-08 11:11 AM
    I've deleted mine and I'm able to upload new ones. You just have to make sure the ones your downloading are for your current OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-08 11:12 AM
    The only one I took off was the carrier theme one.. tmo
    11-05-08 11:15 AM
    The only one I took off was the carrier theme one.. tmo
    rachel you are exactly right ..you have to keep the basic BB themes to be able to use third party add on themes...you can delete all the other themes..even the theme from your service provider...just keep the BB themes and then you can install third party themes to your hearts content...yes you do have to make sure the theme is for your BB and your OS
    11-05-08 11:22 AM
    Thanks for the help.
    Another ? I just got a curve..had a pearl....how much free memory should i always have?....i read somewhere that the pearl should stay around 20.......
    anything like that for the pearl ?
    11-05-08 11:38 AM
    The factory BB themes are apart of the OS, if you delete them you have have runnability issues...
    11-05-08 11:42 AM
    Try and keep above 12,xxx,xxx or it will go into clean up mode, start deleting your call logs, SMS email blah blah..
    11-05-08 11:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD