Hi, I have a problem with my BB curve 8300. I bought it on Ebay, supposedly new, and turned out that the phone I got has a glitch. It restarts very often while I'm on a call.

I've tried anything and everything, i.e., installing a new software, changing the battery, but still does it. This is driving me CRAZY!

I want to try one more thing which is a complete wipe using JL_cmder, but I can't get it installed on my computer.

Here is what I've done:
    I install JL_cmder, then I unzip the files.
    However, when I double click on the on the unzipped file I get a screen which gives me the option to click "run." I click on run and then I get a smaller screen that says: You are about to install JL_cmder on your computer, are you sure you want to continue? I click on "yes" and then nothing happens.

I get a flash screen that goes away so quickly you can't see anything, and nothing happens.

I dont know if i'm doing it wrongly or perhaps because im using windows vista.

Please help!!
    01-12-08 11:08 AM
    Vista does that. Have you tried right clicking on the file and selecting "Run As Adminstrator?"
    01-12-08 12:34 PM
    I finally got it running, but I cant get JL_cmder connected with my device to wipe it. It connects and then disconnects. Shoud I connect it with the battery on or off?
    01-19-08 07:10 PM
    From one new BB developer to a user, you must first have lots of specialized javaware on your computer. It isn't that Jl isnt working correctly. First you must have JDE and JDK and BBdesktop manager. All of these may not absolutely be needed, but after installing these files and restarting my PC it worked as promised! GOOD LUCK!
    10-26-11 08:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD