Wow.. If I would have known that a blackberry was this good I would have become a fan quite a long time ago. On to the reason of my post. I am trying and I use the word trying loosely; to install a few java program I found from GetJar. I notice there is no alx file when I downloaded it.

They do have a navigation panel that allowed me to search by my device the 8310 curve, so I could make sure it would work with my curve. I am wondering if anyone else has come into any problem with this type of installation through the computer as I am going through. All your input is appreciated, thank you!

01-24-08 03:01 AM
    Well I called the Deathstar and asked for them to reactivate edge so I am able to install java apps OTA. If any one has an idea of how to install via computer feel free to msg me!
    01-25-08 02:49 AM
    As long as you have the .jad/.jar files you may place them in a folder on your memory card...then go to you media section, tap on the menu key and choose "explore" that will take you inside the sub folders to view said files, just click on it and the installation screen will come up asking you to download the app...your not really downloading it, your just running it off of the memory card, but this does NOT work with all applications, so it's like a 50-50 shot it will actually work for you, plus if the file was not TRULY designed for BB you run the risk of fubbaring your nice new curve.
    01-25-08 02:53 AM
    Thanks, Bla1ze I will try that out. Possibly it is the jar files, the jad are the ones you would use to install ota supposedly I believe. Works even better if it will run off the card and not the memory seeing as though there isn't a whole lot to begin with. Again, thanks!
    01-25-08 05:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD