I was all excited today when I got an email from Blackberry saying that version 4.5 for my 8310 was released. This is the email I got:

Introducing BlackBerry� Device Software v4.5: it's free, downloadable software that lets you get more done – and have more fun – with your current BlackBerry� smartphone. Designed for BlackBerry� 8700 Series, BlackBerry� Pearl™ 8100 Series, BlackBerry� Curve™ 8300 Series, and BlackBerry� 8800 Series smartphones, it provides you with intuitive icons and layout, full-featured applications and advanced functionality that help you stay on top of your day from just about anywhere.

So, fingers a' trembling, I clicked the link. and there it was. I was so excited. I slowly moved the cursor down to the UPDATE button and.... BlackBerry� Device Software v4.5 is not supported by your wireless service provider. (AT&T)

NO!!! You damned dirty apes! Soylent Green is people! What's in the booox?!?!!?

Why would they release a 4.5 upgrade and not make it available to all carriers? Why do they hate America? Why?!?!!?!?

I'm gonna go kick a cat.
    Last edited by srtpointman; 11-25-08 at 02:52 PM. Reason: forgot to mention my model #
    11-25-08 02:51 PM
    Delete the Vendor XML file and she will load right on up...
    11-25-08 02:58 PM
    Where? How? I'm dumber than a box of rocks about this stuff.
    11-25-08 03:01 PM
    XML is also the extension used by Microsoft Excel. Double check by verifying the path:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

Delete this file and it will install correctly on any matching device.)
    here is a guide as well... http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...33/#post307403
    11-25-08 03:05 PM
    "Losers always ask forum members to show them how to do everything. Winners go search and end up f***ing the latest greatest OS."
    11-25-08 03:06 PM
    Loser also end up screwing up their phones because they think they know everything and are afraid to ask what others might consider to be a stupid question. And the sox suck. then again, so do my Dodgers. So I guess we're even there.
    11-25-08 03:12 PM
    so delete it from that link and I'm good to go?
    11-25-08 03:15 PM
    Or at least to be able to give it a shot.
    11-25-08 03:38 PM
    I deleted it and it still says the same thing. GRRRRR
    11-25-08 03:53 PM
    I was all excited today when I got an email from Blackberry saying that version 4.5 for my 8310 was released. This is the email I got:

Introducing BlackBerry� Device Software v4.5: it's free, downloadable software that lets you get more done � and have more fun � with your current BlackBerry� smartphone. Designed for BlackBerry� 8700 Series, BlackBerry� Pearl� 8100 Series, BlackBerry� Curve� 8300 Series, and BlackBerry� 8800 Series smartphones, it provides you with intuitive icons and layout, full-featured applications and advanced functionality that help you stay on top of your day from just about anywhere.

So, fingers a' trembling, I clicked the link. and there it was. I was so excited. I slowly moved the cursor down to the UPDATE button and.... BlackBerry� Device Software v4.5 is not supported by your wireless service provider. (AT&T)

NO!!! You damned dirty apes! Soylent Green is people! What's in the booox?!?!!?

Why would they release a 4.5 upgrade and not make it available to all carriers? Why do they hate America? Why?!?!!?!?

I'm gonna go kick a cat.
    8830 users got that same message, but there's no official OS4.5 for the 8830 for any carrier. I'm not sure why they sent it out. You should be able to get 4.5 for the 8310 from the sticky at the top of the forum, whether it's available from RIM or not.
    11-25-08 04:04 PM
    I'll give that a shot. How long does it take from star to finish?
    11-25-08 04:06 PM
    15 minutes to an hour. DO NOT unplug until it says it is done or you will brick your phone. In fact, once it starts, go do something else and do not watch it. It will look like it is hung up, but it isn't. When you're done, send service books after you go through the setup screens.
    11-25-08 04:19 PM
    Damn, that's a mighty big window. I'll do it when I get off of work. Let it load while I sleep. Thanks everyone.
    11-25-08 04:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD