Hi there. I'm a new member w/a new Curve 8310. So I joined last week.

Here's my habit --
    My 8310 is kept on only between 7am and 7pm. Otherwise, it's off.

Here's what I don't like about this PDA [used to have Treo 630). And please tell me if I am doing something wrong, other than turning off my BB.

In the morning, when I turn on my BB, ALL incoming dates are the same ...they are reflecting the times I turn on my unit!! NOT the true times of when my email address received messages. That's no good!

My desktop doesn't do this thankfully. Neither does my laptop. Phone messages manage to hold the correct incoming call times. What's w/this highly inaccurate and unhelpful bit of information.

Why can't I (or can I) have it so that regardless of on or off, when I view my incoming emails, they reflect accurate real incoming times?

Help! Oh, please don't tell me that this is one of the limitations of BB?

Please and thank you.

P.S. BTW, I love this site!
    06-30-08 01:58 PM
    Welcome to CB.

To the best of my knowledge, this is not an issue that can be fixed. If you really want the dates to reflect the actual time of receipt rather than the time you turned your phone back on, may I recommend leaving your phone on between 7pm and 7am, just on silent mode..?
    06-30-08 02:02 PM
    Hi there. I'm a new member w/a new Curve 8310. So I joined last week.

Here's my habit --
    My 8310 is kept on only between 7am and 7pm. Otherwise, it's off.

Here's what I don't like about this PDA [used to have Treo 630). And please tell me if I am doing something wrong, other than turning off my BB.

In the morning, when I turn on my BB, ALL incoming dates are the same ...they are reflecting the times I turn on my unit!! NOT the true times of when my email address received messages. That's no good!

My desktop doesn't do this thankfully. Neither does my laptop. Phone messages manage to hold the correct incoming call times. What's w/this highly inaccurate and unhelpful bit of information.

Why can't I (or can I) have it so that regardless of on or off, when I view my incoming emails, they reflect accurate real incoming times?

Help! Oh, please don't tell me that this is one of the limitations of BB?

Please and thank you.

P.S. BTW, I love this site!
    The times that show up when you are looking at your inbox are the times it is received by your device and not the actual time. The email can't be pushed to your device while it is powered off. So it kinda waits until its on to be pushed. If I am not mistaken, when you open up a message under the recipent and subject line it shows the actual time of the message. Currently, I have an email from a friend that has a time of 10:03am on the messages screen but when I go into the messages the time is 9:55am which is the actual time it was sent.
    06-30-08 02:17 PM
    Ok, well that's something anyway, I guess.

I guess I was thinking along the lines of my desktop, which is turned off, only to be turned on showing actual times.

All rightie. Thank you all for helping me w/this reality.

Happy Belated Canada Day, Everyone. And enjoy upoming JULY 4th festivities!

Cheers, eh!
    07-02-08 09:14 AM
    The times that show up when you are looking at your inbox are the times it is received by your device and not the actual time. The email can't be pushed to your device while it is powered off. So it kinda waits until its on to be pushed. If I am not mistaken, when you open up a message under the recipent and subject line it shows the actual time of the message. Currently, I have an email from a friend that has a time of 10:03am on the messages screen but when I go into the messages the time is 9:55am which is the actual time it was sent.
    Yeah, wut he said, just check the actual message headers or leave your phone on overnight on silent. I set my phone to turn off at 2AM and back on at 7AM, if I get any messages between 2 and 7AM, to me it's not really impt the exact time because I would have been sleep anyway and wouldn't have read them until around 7 anyway.
    07-02-08 09:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD