I don't know if that's what it is called or not but I'm looking to have a song played while people are waiting for me to pick up the phone. Can you help me?
    Thanks in advance
    03-10-08 07:51 PM
    Callback ringtones.
    03-10-08 08:26 PM
    Its called a ringback tone. And they are carrier dependent. If you have (say) Verizon. You would contact them and "buy" one so people who call you hear it instead of a standard ringing sound.

-db

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-08 08:39 PM
    Didn't even know something like tht existed.

03-10-08 08:42 PM
    It does, but you can't do it from your BB. You need your carrier to do that. And if I'm not mistaken, there's a fee involved.
    03-10-08 08:53 PM
    Since AT&T is your carrier, you would go into 'shop tones' , and then select "answer tones" and you will see the selections. They are about 1.99 each, expire in a year, and also require a recurring monthly charge. I have three on my phone, so it was like $6.00 initially, and then $1.00 each month for the service.
    03-10-08 10:06 PM
    you can do it from tmobile ! i have one for each person in my faves and one for basic callers
    03-10-08 10:12 PM
    Thanks! but since I have a corporate account and they pay the bill they might not like me buying ringtones
    03-11-08 07:01 PM
    Just another thing to think about is if you have ringback tones, think about which one you get. I've called people who had some really appropriate ones, and I'm sure you can imagine how that affected my thoughts of them!

03-11-08 07:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD