Hello all I bought 2 BB 8320.. they were unlocked.. i put my SIM card and they call and have the EDGE signal.. I could not try the BBM and send a PIN request cuz supposely I have to register the new unit with the carrier.. but when i get to the carrier,, they said the IMEI and PIN does not match the unit??? and it was being rejected...so icould not use it.. but then I put my SIM card into it and works like a regular Phone.. and shows the EDGE and all and can make call...really confused..what can I do< help please.
    10-11-09 03:08 PM
    Sounds stolen. I believe all you can do is use it as a phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-09 04:21 PM
    thanks for your reply...But if it is stolen would it even work as a phone?? And the woman in the carrier's store said that the IMEI did not match the unit's..I don't know what to do...BIG HELP PLEASE
    10-12-09 09:28 PM
    You can use it as a phone, but can't used all the features, thats the problem, they make something ilegal to the phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-09 10:06 PM
    stolen/lost phones will still work as some carriers do not blacklist those IMEI's. as for lost/stolen blackberrys, RIM will block out those PIN's so they cannot be used with a BB data plan. you should try getting in touch with the person you bought them from to verify where they got them and if the PIN's are indeed no good.
    10-12-09 11:21 PM
    wah, it seems a refurb bb
    10-13-09 01:04 AM
    wah, it seems a refurb bb
    even so, refurb phones have working IMEI and PIN combinations. it sounds like the phones PINs were blacklisted and sold as lost/stolen devices. he should email or call RIM to verify ther status.
    10-13-09 02:03 AM
    thanks to all, is there a link for contacting rim?
    10-13-09 10:18 PM
    check their website or contact the original carrier the phones were subsidized through.
    10-13-09 10:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD