Ok, here is what I want to do. Tell me if I can do it please....and Talk to me like I am a 3rd grader...I'm new to BB

I want to have different audio alerts for different calender events. Does that make sense?

For instance, I put the pittsburgh pirates schedule in Outlook so I would have it at my finger tips. When its 15minutes before gametime, I want it to play "take me out to the ball game". And when I put the Steelers schedule in, I want it to play the NFL theme, and for birthdays I want it to play happy birthday...things like that. I dont want the same tone for all of the calender events.

I know I would have to download the individual ringtones, thats not a problem. But how do i set it up so that it does what I want it to do?

Please say its possible!!

Dave
    08-21-08 09:13 AM
    Hmm... Outside of some sort of unknown third party app, this cannot be done. It would be nice if it could! There is an app called BB Alerts, but I don't know if even this application will do what you want. I'm almost positive this isn't gonna happen. Sorry - but welcome to CB!
    08-21-08 09:14 AM
    Hmm... Outside of some sort of unknown third party app, this cannot be done. It would be nice if it could! There is an app called BB Alerts, but I don't know if even this application will do what you want. I'm almost positive this isn't gonna happen. Sorry - but welcome to CB!
    Dave....... welcome, and fun idea.

so in 'profiles' can you only set up ringers, alerts etc. only for phone calls, email, text, etc. no way to set up different calendar profiles?
    08-21-08 09:22 AM
    That is correct gregmar. There is no way to set up different alerts for different calendar events. This is actually a great idea for a third party app, however at present... Can't be done.
    08-21-08 09:23 AM
    That's a really great idea, I would like to do that as well but alas as the previous posters have said, it can't be done as of yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-08 09:26 AM
    But, can I set up different ringers for my text messages?? Cause I still haven't figure that one out and that tone is driving me nuts.
    08-21-08 09:28 AM
    ok, I've got the idea, who can come up with the software?! haha

I'll even split the profits with you...
    08-21-08 09:29 AM
    IVE, yes. Profiles>Advanced>Edit.
    08-21-08 09:31 AM
    Thanks jenaywins!!!
    08-21-08 09:34 AM
    No problem!
    08-21-08 09:34 AM
    That is correct gregmar. There is no way to set up different alerts for different calendar events. This is actually a great idea for a third party app, however at present... Can't be done.
    Ah, thank you! Yes, it would be a nice feature to use if it were possible.
    08-21-08 09:40 AM
    Definitely!! Monday Night Football theme for my beloved boys in black and gold, Hockey Night in Canada, for all my favourite games, ahh I can see it now...
    08-21-08 09:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD