I have a 8310 and its nuked, I've done extensive reading on how to fix it and blah blah blah blah,

BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTt

What i'm not understanding is that when everyone says down load the Operating system I can only find the Desktop manager,.....

My question is where is the actual operating system?... I can't find anything but the manager, wheres it at?

I've tried doing the nuked BB walkthrough followed every step, click next as soon as the unknown stuff comes up, but then it says that I don't have any software to install, it says

"The blackberry desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device you have connected to the computer. contact your service provider"

Maybe im missing something? and im only using manger 4.3 since i dont know what OS the 8310 came with.

Any help would be good ive searched but im new here im just not getting it, im pretty computer savy but I see a manager, not an OS anyhwere for downloads.
    05-06-09 09:50 PM
    whenever i update my os, i dont do it through device manager, i go into the apploader. to find it go into your c drive--program files---common files----reaserch in motion--apploader--loader.exe this is assuming you didnt change the install location when you installed device manager. just make sure your bb is plugged up and you should be good to go doing it that way.
    05-06-09 10:02 PM
    but the app loader doesnt have any programs in it, thats what I was going to, just everyone says download the OS for it, well where do I download just the OS and not the manager? Anyone?
    05-06-09 10:03 PM
    05-06-09 10:15 PM
    05-06-09 10:16 PM
    so your all telling me the deskytop software, which is just the manager is the OS????
    05-06-09 10:57 PM
    No its not you can download the OS from either the carriers site or BB's site!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-09 11:03 PM
    you have the desktop software to sync your bb with the pc and to be able to download apps, music etc and the os (operating system. Once you have the desktop installed go to the above link and it has desktop and the os that you are looking for. It also has step by step directions...
    05-06-09 11:13 PM
    cuz the links everyones posting is just for desktop managers....i cant find the actual OS file
    05-06-09 11:14 PM
    Try this link though the BB servers seem to be slow right now.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites

BTW, desktop manager is installed on your pc (used to sync your data between the pc and your BB) and the OS is what runs on your BB.
    Last edited by Irwin II; 05-06-09 at 11:27 PM.
    05-06-09 11:22 PM
    i used amazings link, at the bottom imput your device/carrier probably model number, the next page when you get the page has a download for the os....look and see I will wait.
    05-06-09 11:23 PM
    Thanks for the patience, again I feel dumb asking but I clicking on the 8310 link below PTT EMR? or the desktop software?
    05-06-09 11:27 PM
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do click on this link and scroll down under where you enter the model 8310 you will see the os download description and the download link
    05-06-09 11:32 PM
    on my link once you put your model in click next the page reloads and under the next button page down you will see download link I could not find your PTT EMR? yes that is where you select your model. By your sig you have an 8310 attt right
    Last edited by plunkingtom; 05-06-09 at 11:38 PM.
    05-06-09 11:35 PM
    I guess you are downloading it???
    05-06-09 11:55 PM
    I guess I thought that the section called PTT EMR PATCH was Push to talk emergency patch, in a little later I'll try downloading and using that one, that was my main question is which one is my operating system, idk why they dont just label it OS. Ill try it later on XP and let you know results. Thanks again plunkington and everyone.
    05-07-09 05:27 AM
    I guess I thought that the section called PTT EMR PATCH was Push to talk emergency patch, in a little later I'll try downloading and using that one, that was my main question is which one is my operating system, idk why they dont just label it OS. Ill try it later on XP and let you know results. Thanks again plunkington and everyone.
    Each object in the list is a different piece of software. The PPT EMR Patch is one software and the ones below are the operating systems for the respective devices.
    Just click on the one thats called blackberry curve (TM) 8310 smartphone. I think that if you are going to install the OS 4.5, you will need the desktop manager 4.5 or higher, not sure tho xd
    Last edited by gbsn; 05-07-09 at 08:58 AM.
    05-07-09 08:56 AM
    Well did you download the os or did you give up....
    05-08-09 05:32 PM
    yea i got it to download, but it gets stuck at the initializing screen and tries reconnecting to JVM and cant get it past it. But thanks for the help.
    05-11-09 01:21 AM
    You have to wait, it can take a while to get past that. Don't unplug unless you get a completed message or an error.

05-11-09 01:38 AM
    It can take up to 2 hours to download the os. The desktop manager will be updated to the new os installed on ur bb

05-11-09 08:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD