that im going to have to trade my blackberry back in for something different! i got my phone yesterday and has already frozen 5 times, randomly choosing to try to voice dial someone, and its just overall really slow

its really confusing to navigate and i cant really find my device options menu, which i was told to look for. the options menu(which im starting to think is the same) is really confusing and i dont understand how to change anything. help?
    10-15-08 01:34 AM
    I was really confused when i first got mine too. Actually I still am right now. I'm trying to get help with updating my os. I bet that the reason your voice dial is acting up is because keeps getting bumped. I changed that within a minute. Your device options menu is the icon that is a wrench. Whatre you trying to change? Mine hasn't froze up yet but I've only had it since the 3rd. I would return it.
    10-15-08 01:56 AM
    When I first got my blackberry it took me a good week to get the hang of it, reading the book really helped a lot along with this web site, don't give up yet!
    10-15-08 02:05 AM
    Honestly, if you are not happy with the phone and are still in your
    "buyer's remorse period" (usually 30 days) just take it back and
    get something that meets your needs, your operational standards
    better and is more user friendly. There is nothing that says you HAVE to keep it.

Remember, it is your money, your phone and ultimately your
    decision. The BB is not the end all and be all of phones. Maybe a different
    device would suit you better.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 10-15-08 at 02:09 AM.
    10-15-08 02:07 AM
    Sometimes you'll get faulty phones period, if you still want the phone just take it back and get another. I had to do that not once but three times when I bought a phone a couple of years ago because it would randomly shut down and the speakers were messed up, and the third worked like a charm. If you're having trouble with the phone's layout then read the manual and play around with it. If you're still having trouble, maybe BB's are not for you.

They can be overwhelming for some, but totally worth it
    Last edited by ninja please; 10-15-08 at 02:41 AM.
    10-15-08 02:36 AM
    Read the manual.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-08 03:56 AM
    better still download the manual from this site - it is 1000 times better that the little hints book that comes with it - I didnt understand my BB until I read the book on here -

Clive
    10-15-08 07:13 AM
    Like others I too had a learning curve (no pun intended) when I first got my Curve. I leave for work very early and used T-Mobile tech support a lot since they are there 24/7. They were very helpful in answering all of my questions and how to's. But now that I found CrackBerry I get more and better help here.

I would go back to the store and ask them to help you with the basics and at the same time find out how long you have to return it. Once they hear that they will do whatever it takes to keep you as a customer.

One suggestion, once you get the hang of it and see what icons you don't use you might want to either hide them of create a new folder and move them there so there is less on the desktop. Both are very simple.

Good luck.
    10-15-08 07:26 AM
    Stella What kind of problems are you having when you try and update you phone

10-15-08 07:29 AM
    I love the getting to know you period with a new phone. Everything is new to you and its fun to learn new things. If you're not getting this then take it back. I'd make them replace it anyways. Sounds like you got a P.O.S.

10-15-08 07:29 AM
    It may just be a defective phone. Take it back get a new. If you really don't like how BB works return it for a different phone all together like AmazinglyGraceles said.
    10-15-08 07:36 AM
    Stella What kind of problems are you having when you try and update you phone

oh i figured them all out. thanks though!
    10-16-08 12:19 AM
    Like anything new you need to spend time with it. you start out as newbie as I did and as time goes by you advance. BB's have to the best thing since sliced bread
    10-16-08 01:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD