If I get a Curve 8330 now from Sprint or from someone who claims phone is only a few months old, will it be an 8330 or 8330M?

TIA
    01-22-10 01:22 PM
    Either. I bought myself and my wife a pair at the same time, she got a red one, I got a grey one. Mine is a regular 8330 with an MEID#, hers is an 8330m. AFAIK, all the red or orange ones from Sprint are m models.
    01-22-10 01:26 PM
    You won't know till you get it. I asked at a service center and the guy gave me one but he said they have both....btw I got a 8330 with the meid number pretty cool..
    01-22-10 01:34 PM
    So if I buy a used one from someone I just need them to show me the about screen to confirm it is not an M.
    01-22-10 01:38 PM
    I didn't know there were regular 8330s for Sprint, but if it was me I would get a Tour or the Hero.
    If I HAD to choose between the 8330 and 8330m, I would choose the 8330 because I want 5.0 OS. If it isn't that important to you, than get the 8330m because you can see MMS without having to click a link.

Either way, I'm start to not like Blackberry's. My upgrade is in July -- so on to an Android phone.
    01-22-10 01:40 PM
    So if I buy a used one from someone I just need them to show me the about screen to confirm it is not an M.
    Yes use the about screens info. If you can check out the 8530 to see what that would cost or the tour...
    01-22-10 01:51 PM
    I am only looking for a temporary phone until the Tour 2 or the next Android phone comes out for Sprint. So this may be a month, two or three wait, so I was thinking of getting the 8330 for under a $100 to hold me over. I am switching my plan to the everything data so I get the data plan already, mide as well use it with a BB.

I would absolutely get the Tour if I was using my upgrade, but I would rather wait for the Tour 2.
    01-22-10 02:30 PM
    Yes, the Tour 2 looks great! I hope it will be at Verizon by August! My sister bought a red curve at sprint about a month ago and I noticed when we paired our curves up via bluetooth, hers showed up as the 8330m. She has had nothing but trouble with it!! I don't know why, I don't know if it Sprint trouble, or phone trouble. The phone keeps losing its provisioning somehow, so when this happens she cannot receive calls, make calls, and she can't send/receive texts. But her BBM works the whole time, so it takes her a while to notice. Definitely strange, I told her this is my fourth blackberry with 2 different networks and I never had that problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-10 03:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD