When I want my Blackberry Curve 8330 to go silent, I change the notifcation profile to "Off." But I often forget to change to back to "Phone Only" or whatever. I cannot tell if there is an on-screen icon that let's you know when you are in "Off" mode. Any ideas? Thanks.
    12-14-08 08:32 AM
    If you have a theme with the profile icon on the main screen, up the top usually they are, it will change to the profile you are on, if you dont have a theme with that icon, you cant tell unless you manually go into see.
    12-14-08 08:34 AM
    If I reading this right , each prfile looks like a little blueman with a different smaller icon to the right to signify what profile is being used. If you changed your theme, this may look different. The smaller icon for your profile desigantes the profile being used.
    12-14-08 08:35 AM
    Thanks for these replies. No matter what profile I switch to, there is no icon. So I guess that I have to go to notification profiles. Unless someone knows if there is a setting buried somewhere that allows you to indicate that an icon should appear on screen for the particular profile.
    12-14-08 12:28 PM
    Change themes, find a theme with the profile icon on the home screen, if you change to say, vibrate, the profile icon will have the lil vibrate lines thru it.
    12-14-08 12:30 PM
    That's the answer. Switched from the Verizon profile that came with the phone to BB Dimension Icon.
    12-14-08 01:08 PM
    As I said in my first post here LOL glad its working out for you.
    12-14-08 01:17 PM
    I finally figured out what a "theme" was and how to change it. Thanks.
    12-15-08 07:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD