Please help. I am new to my BB Curve. All of a sudden I have this little icon at the top that looks almost like a cassette. I've looked in the book, it's not there. Anyone know what it is and how to get rid of it?

Thanks
    06-30-08 11:06 AM
    sounds like a voicemail to me?
    06-30-08 11:07 AM
    Voicemail most likely. Call your voicemail, and listen/delete, then end the call by hitting the * key. If it's still there, reset the device - Alt, R Shift, Del at the same time.
    06-30-08 11:09 AM
    I don't have any messages. Could it do it if you saved one?
    06-30-08 11:10 AM
    That would be the voice mail icon

Check the FAQ section of the forum to answer more Qs like this. Some more useful links are in my sig. Welcome to CB!
    06-30-08 11:10 AM
    I don't have any messages. Could it do it if you saved one?
    Yes - if the pop up shows up with Okay or Save, and you hit save, then the icon will stay.
    06-30-08 11:11 AM
    That worked thank you Chaz! One more question then. I setup my yahoo email account. Is there a way to not have it put my emails into my yahoo icon and the message icon. Basically is duplicates? Anyway to get rid of the spam mail?
    06-30-08 11:12 AM
    It will always go into both. I just hide the individual email icons, and only use the Messages folder. Works good for me, and less cluttered home screen looks better.
    06-30-08 11:15 AM
    That worked thank you Chaz! One more question then. I setup my yahoo email account. Is there a way to not have it put my emails into my yahoo icon and the message icon. Basically is duplicates? Anyway to get rid of the spam mail?
    It's not duplicating your messages, the messages icon is just a folder to view messages from all accounts at once, if you want to see only Yahoo messages, use the account specific icon. To get rid of spam you'll have to set up filters through BIS or your yahoo inbox. Keep in mind, A really strong filter may block some wanted messages.
    06-30-08 11:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD