Hello I would like to transfer my verizon service to a blackberry 8330 us cellular phone and they told me that i will need to download software from verizon to make it easier. I went to verizon and they told me to check blackberry site for unlock codes, so i called blackberry and they told me to call us cellular and us cellular told me to check this site for downloadable apps for verizon, im confused
    Last edited by vkapadoukakis; 05-10-10 at 02:16 PM.
    05-10-10 02:14 PM
    can anyone help me?
    05-10-10 02:17 PM
    Hello I would like to transfer my verizon service to a blackberry 8330 us cellular phone and they told me that i will need to download software from verizon to make it easier. I went to verizon and they told me to check blackberry site for unlock codes, so i called blackberry and they told me to call us cellular and us cellular told me to check this site for downloadable apps for verizon, im confused
    Verizon will not let you use another carriers phone on their network.
    05-10-10 02:30 PM
    can anyone help me?
    You need to wait more that 3 minutes for an answer. Just be patient.

But the answer above is correct.

Verizon will NOT allow you to activate a device branded to another carrier on their network. There is NO way around it.

Unlock codes don't have anything to do with CDMA devices.

Your best bet is to sell the US Cellular device and purchase a Verizon device. Or switch to US Cellular for service.
    05-10-10 05:15 PM
    I was trying to find a used BB instead of having to buy one as I was already on Alltel/Verizon. I was told that I could do the same thing but having a corporate account, I called my rep and she told me they would not do it. They ran into many problems with doing that so they just quit doing it all together.
    05-11-10 02:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD