I have a 8330 from Verizon, I installed the Sprint 4.5.0.175 Os because since I got my refurbished phone it was slow, not to mention I got used to using my GPs on the previous one. Its still slow and its getting kind of glitchy, so I would like to back up my apps and phone book, and erase the whole thing then load my OS from scratch and reinstall everything. The last 3 Verizon sent me fresh out of the box took about 2 or 3 mins to start and apps load slowly, so I think its just something they're doing to the phones. What version of OS should I upgrade to I'd like the most functionality of my phone working GPS, internet, no speaker phone blast, etc.
    02-10-10 10:08 PM
    All bb's take 2 to 3 mins to turn on. What is your question exactly?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-10 10:11 PM
    What OS should I upgrade to, with the least negative side effects.
    02-10-10 10:18 PM
    You could use the boos 5.0, and just take out the vendor file. Its pretty easy to do. You can get all the info how to do it in the OS part of the forum.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-10 10:24 PM
    OS 5.0 did not support GPS, I returned to 4.5 175.
    02-11-10 04:45 AM
    The OP is on Verizon. Sorry but 4.5.0.175 has a series of glitches you're not gonna like. The sounds won't work after a while, there is chirping during calls and if you don't use Shrink A OS, you are losing too much memory.

Of course, not all Verizon customers have this problem but every glitch Verizon has had...I have gotten so hope you are luckier than I.

The best OS for a verizon 8330 is 4.5.0.131, maybe 4.5.0.138...everything else has it's trade-offs. Oh and I tried loading 5.0 on mine and it bombed it out and I had to total wipe and reload.

Good luck! I use a hybrid which combines the best of the OSes available and I am very happy. Use Shrink A OS and use .175 and the radio files from .131 and your 8330 will be working perfectly like mine!
    02-11-10 06:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD