Is there any way to make my trackball brighter on my 8330?? I dont know if there is a way to do this but mine is not very bright
    08-18-08 04:45 PM
    i think the most you can do is turn screen brightness up to 100
    08-18-08 06:21 PM
    the leds are off to the sides on the 8330.. and no matter what i do, it will not get any brighter..
    08-18-08 06:22 PM
    Give it a scrubbing as well. There might be a layer of goop (or it might be gunk) on it, dulling it somewhat.

Q-tip ever so slightly damp with rubbing alcohol & get after your ball.
    08-18-08 06:25 PM
    Give it a scrubbing as well. There might be a layer of goop (or it might be gunk) on it, dulling it somewhat.

Q-tip ever so slightly damp with rubbing alcohol & get after your ball.
    I just got it a few weeks ago sooo its still very clean but im just saying in comparison to the 8830 i had the trackball on the curve just doesnt seem as bright...
    08-18-08 06:28 PM
    I just got it a few weeks ago sooo its still very clean but im just saying in comparison to the 8830 i had the trackball on the curve just doesnt seem as bright...

now that you mention it the 8830 was a lot brighter...
    08-18-08 06:29 PM
    now that you mention it the 8830 was a lot brighter...
    LOL i know right i was comparing the too and like the trackball on my 8830 was like a light bulb compared to the one on my new curve... o well didnt know if there was a setting or somthing i could mess with... figured id ask... thank you all for the help!
    08-18-08 06:33 PM
    I never noticed how much the trackball got dirty..

So just a q-tip with rubbing alcohol?
    Do I got to take the ball out or just rub it where it is at?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-08 06:33 PM
    That is something i have noticed as well. My roommate has the same Pearl as i do and his is brighter than mine. I'm to the point that some trackballs even of the same model can be brighter than others. It kinda like the grittyness on a trackball, some are smooth and some are gritty. I prefer mine on the gritty side, but that's just me...
    08-18-08 06:34 PM
    you can leave it in place. Just don't use too much alcohol. Roll it around well in all directions.
    08-18-08 06:34 PM
    Alright.
    Any other insrtructions would be appreciated as well.

08-18-08 06:38 PM
    the 8830 has the led directly under the trackball.. the 8330 has 2 leds off to the sides.. which is annoying to me. no fix either..
    08-18-08 06:47 PM
    Try cleaning it with the ball in first. If you need to remove it, use the search tool as there is a thread on this. Once a week i take a soft lint-free cloth and spray good eyeglass cleaner on it, then wipe down the front. This seems to be easy on the Berry and remove oils and dirt. The trackball will move better as well...
    08-18-08 06:48 PM
    Thanks.
    Hopefully it cleans just fine. Cuz I don't think ill take it out. Probably easy to do. I just don't want to screw things up.

08-18-08 06:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD