So, unlike the other posts, I WANT to delete my call log. Don't need anything in there more than a day.
    1) instructions to press ALT+LGLG aren't working. I must be doing something wrong. It just keeps trying to look up that name in address book.
    2) don't want to keep removing battery to clear things.
    3) is there a setting for how long calls are kept in the log?
    12-18-07 05:21 PM
    i am 99% sure calls are kept for 1 week only. i can tell you this because i get calls at least once a day, and my oldest logged call is 12/11, while we are the 12/18th as i am typing this.
    12-18-07 07:06 PM
    On the 8830 I open the call log/highlight first call/hold down the CAP key/scroll to last entry/press delete

There may also be a way to set up the BB to keep calls for a certain amount of time? I don't know how to do that if there is.
    12-18-07 07:20 PM
    On the 8830 I open the call log/highlight first call/hold down the CAP key/scroll to last entry/press delete

There may also be a way to set up the BB to keep calls for a certain amount of time? I don't know how to do that if there is.

She nailed it, on the head. And, can't believe I didn't think of this earlier as I've done this already.

You can shift-select the entire list and use the menu to delete. Can, also, select the date header to delete a specific day's logs.
    12-19-07 05:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD