As a vzw tech support agent who is also going through network administration training, I have come to learn to love the blackberry. From being super secure to super functional. In fact I want to become a certified BES admin.

Anyways, when people call in about their crackberries it seems I tend to get a bit carried away.

Currently VZW supports:
    Bis
    Bbdm 4.3 no higher
    And os 4.3.0.127 on their curves
    No 3rd party apps
    And definantly not BES

To date I have updated countless people to 4.5, helped IT people with quick bes questions, and installed gtalk/opera mini/google maps on more phones than I can count.

Seems like I just love the blackberry to much to not spread the joy to other people.

Is this a bad thing?

Oh, and if you guys do have any questions for a simple vzw phone tech do ask!
    10-18-08 01:02 AM
    Its not a bad thing I sell clothes and I love the clothes I sell! Imo it makes you better at your job. Someone confident in the products will just sell them naturally! And honestly everyone on here is just as excited about BBs

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-08 01:12 AM
    I do the same, my friends get tired of hearing me talk about my bb and the things I've done and the Bold that I want soo bad. I don't think its bad. Welcome to the club!

10-18-08 01:36 AM
    You are not alone. I to love my Blackberry! I was a previous owner of a Motorola Razr and I loved that too, but now I am very much in love with new babyberry. I can not imagine living with out it.

10-18-08 06:52 AM
    Well I have to side with you!!! I also show off my blackberry to everyone! Everyone I see that has one I have to ask them how they like it and tell them about crackberry. Also I go ahead tell them about myPoynt since its my favorite app. I know my family is tired of hearing about it as well! But hey we love em!

10-18-08 07:41 AM
    I had a Nextel 7520 for two years and I thought it was great. Now I have an 8330, and I'm hooked. I share my BB with any one that will listen.

10-18-08 08:20 AM
    As a vzw tech support agent who is also going through network administration training, I have come to learn to love the blackberry. From being super secure to super functional. In fact I want to become a certified BES admin.

Anyways, when people call in about their crackberries it seems I tend to get a bit carried away.

Currently VZW supports:
    Bis
    Bbdm 4.3 no higher
    No 3rd party apps
    And definantly not BES

To date I have updated countless people to 4.5, helped IT people with quick bes questions, and installed gtalk/opera mini/google maps on more phones than I can count.

Seems like I just love the blackberry to much to not spread the joy to other people.

Is this a bad thing?

wow I have no clue what all that means.. all I know is how to BB message, send texts and make calls lol
    10-18-08 08:22 AM

Currently VZW supports:
    Bis
    Bbdm 4.3 no higher
    No 3rd party apps
    And definantly not BES

Is this a bad thing?

no i think that you are a normal blackberry person i think that most of us get hooked on the Berry's its our addiction i guess and i need a little help on a post i made in this forum about my 8330 if you have the time kind sir.
    10-18-08 08:29 AM
    Not at all. You have to love your job and/or what you do.

10-18-08 09:44 AM
    Heck, we need more people like you. When I call Sprint about any of my smartphones (Q9C, 8830WE, or my 8330), it's almost like they're trying to get me off the phone because they don't know the answers....case and point....two weeks ago, my 8830 couldn't get on the internet (this was around 11:45 at night), and I was waiting for an e-mail (BES) to come through from my boss who was in Europe. I called Tech support and the guy told me that there was an outage in the Detroit, MI area...and it will be resolved by morning. I took his word and hung up, but no sooner than I hung up, i played with my Motorola Q9c, and the internet worked...then tried my curve, and it worked also. I called back...Tech center was closed for the night. Called back on Sunday morning, and a totally awesome techie chick (sorry, noone take offense to that) came on and she told me...there was no outage in Detroit. She told me the guy probably just wanted to go home. She had me up and running in less than 60 seconds again...simple re-registration issue.

It's almost like the techs don't like dealing with Smartphones, especially not the blackberries....makes them THINK too hard.

Keep up the good work man.
    10-18-08 09:52 AM
    So you're working in VZW tech support and telling (and helping) people upgrade to an unsupported (and unreleased by VZW) OS?
    10-18-08 09:58 AM
    I would tell people the samething. About upgrading. If at work I will not support it, on the outside another story. I always educate BB users when I get a call from them. I also review each account to assure they have the right data plan for their device and save $15 a month when I can. I do have a lot of fun with my BB and helping others.

I will show them tips and tricks that I have learned here, as well as advertise this site for things not supported by our own data website. https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=-JVz2yez
    Last edited by lastraid; 10-18-08 at 10:11 AM.
    10-18-08 10:08 AM
    It totally depends on the person I am talking to. I can determin pretty well if the person is smart enough to handle an upgrade or not. And trust me, its been 2 people out of hundreds and hundreds of people. Opera mini though I have people obtain all the time.

10-18-08 10:15 AM
    You rock, man!

10-18-08 04:04 PM
    It totally depends on the person I am talking to. I can determin pretty well if the person is smart enough to handle an upgrade or not. And trust me, its been 2 people out of hundreds and hundreds of people. Opera mini though I have people obtain all the time.

Regardless, you're at work telling and helping people upgrade to an OS that your employer has neither released nor supports. Sounds like a bad career choice to me.

I'm all for education but when it could cost you your job (or reprimand at the least) I would personally do it outside of work.
    10-18-08 08:03 PM
    You can't provide "support" for a product that you don't personally "support," right?
    10-18-08 08:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD