So I bought a Curve 8320 and it was Titanium, but only $300 so I couldn't say no. I had wanted gold ten times more, so I bought the whole gold casing. It came in the mail today and I was so excited I just went at it lol.

After finishing disassembly and reassembly with the gold casing something seems very wrong. The sides wont click in all the way, the keypad seems a bit too low on top (i.e. the QWERTY row is dipped in the holes a bit too far, it should be poking out more) and the buttons (call, blackberry, return and end) & trackball are also too dipped in. I've tried taking it apart 2 more times and reassembling it, I even tried to reassemble it with the original accessories and it was the same issue!

I've pushed everything down, screwed it all on tightly etc. It is bugging the CRAP out of me and I feel like I'm going to cry I'm so mad! Has this happened to anyone?

Please help

**i used the disassembly videos on youtube to disassemble it**
    Last edited by MadisonFaye; 05-29-08 at 12:53 AM.
    05-28-08 11:47 PM
    go to youtube and type in curve assembly
    there should be a vid there...i watched it and it should teach you how to do everything correctly
    05-29-08 12:25 AM
    Personally I don't have the marbles to take apart my baby, but I found this link on vtap that may help.Blackberry Curve 8300 Screen Removal & Take Apart
    Technically it's a screen removal & take apart, but it shows how everything comes apart. Maybe it's something small that you're overlooking? Anyways, hope that helps.
    05-29-08 12:31 AM
    unfortunately thats the video i used to take it apart

i mean i did everything correctly, maybe i dislodged something?
    05-29-08 12:54 AM
    when you take off the old one... compare the 2 and make sure they really are the exact same size...
    05-29-08 12:57 AM
    some curves are slightly different sizes. so it may not click properly.
    05-29-08 02:21 AM
    Put your old casing on and see if that fits. If it does,you have the wrong size case.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-08 05:47 AM
    Yeah I already tried replacing it with the old one again but the same thing happens

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-08 07:00 AM
    so the old one does the same as the new one?

check and make sure that you put ALL the pieces back in place correctly, because it sounds like you didnt if both dont fit,and one is the original.
    05-29-08 07:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD